Tell me why I should try NCL

Well said.

One expects to make the best of their vacation no matter where it is - on land or at sea. We'll be taking our first cruise on the Dawn in September and I am excited and raring to go. It appears as though Nina had a bad experience not due to anything she or the other passengers did - but due to inexperienced staff. It's unfortunate. I've read great reviews about the Dawn and some not so great. People are different - they expect different things out of a vacation. Certainly, we can agree - bad service - is not one of them. icon_wink.gif

My $0.02.

G

Hey, I'm not narrow minded. The vacation was disappointing. We paid $1000 X4 for the cruise. The airfare to get to San Juan was $400 X4. $6000!! I'm a Registered Nurse. My family saved for over a year to take this vacation of a lifetime before my daughter goes off to college. The service WAS bad. We did wait over an hour between appetizers and the main course, Without seeing our waiter. We had to go to a bar outside the main dining room to get my son a coke.This was almost every night. If you think I'm narrow minded you must own NCL.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ChrisConnolly:

The NCL boards have become a battleground these days!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice to see you back. The board could use a few more voices of reason. Maybe it's time to take a break and let the posters cycle through. I come here for the joy of cruising not NCL cruise wars. If I wanted that I would return to the RTC newsgroup where I spent years watching the flames.

Seaward 1/89,Southward II 1/91,Windward 10/93,

Norway 3/94,4/96

Dreamward 4/97

Dream 12/99

QE2 4/02

Carnival Spirit 7/02

NCL Sun 10/03

NCL Dawn 2/03,7/03,2/04

No Clock = No Next Cruise

I think you should try NCL for something new. I have sailed on Carnival 4x, Princess 2x, and Norwegian 12x. Last February I tried something new and went on Royal Caribbean. All cruises were fantastic! I sailed the Sun three times and look forward to the fourth during the upcoming year. Believe it or not, there are still restaurants on the Sun that I have not tried yet. I select the Sun because I love her Western Caribbean itinerary. In my opinion, you selected a great ship with a great crew and I do not think you will be disappointed. Overall, NCL is known for freestyle dining, quality shows, quality dive-in program, and ports-of-call. If that interests you, then I think you should try it. I tried another cruise line and I was not disappointed. There are differences ON EVERY SHIP, even within the same cruise line. Good luck on your venture!

Lemanja' icon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gif

"Oh, when my baby, when my baby smiles at me I go to Rio...de Janeiro!"

icon_eek.gifWow you all crack me up. This tuned into a real brewha for a while. I think I need to go back to the RCL boards for a while, It's much calmer over there. Thanks for everyones input.

Dan

Hello,

We cruised on the Dream last December and experienced that freestyle not only gave us the option of dining when and where we wanted but also gave us the opportunity to invite the people that we met on the ship to dinner. We had up to 14 people at some of our meals ranging in age of eleven to eighty all having a great time. We all have memories that will last a lifetime. I hope that you have a great cruise!

My mother and I cruised on the Sky May 03 and loved it! We loved the fact that we could eat when and where we wanted and never missed a show. Go and enjoy!

Momofteens,

I know how you feel about spending money on a special family trip and not being happy.

I took my family on the NCL Majesty for Thanksgiving 2003. This was our 1st NCL cruise. I expected a lot more for the price. I decided to write NCL when I came back. I too agree on the customer service. I wrote a letter and it took 45 days before I received a postcard saying they were looking into my problems. I then sent a letter above their department. I received a letter back within the month with a credit toward my next cruise and a personal apology. I decided this cruise to leave the teens home and take the husband only. The credit was enough for both of us to go on a cruise for a week for under $900.I am sure I will not take my teens on a NCL cruise again because the teens have nothing to do when not in port. NCL for my opinion for families with teens between 14-18 have nothing to keep them entertained.You know if the teens are bored they can ruin your whole trip complaining!

Archived