Crusing Alaska

CKM

Hi all,

My husband and I are trying to decide whether or not to take our kids (actually young adults) on a cruise to Alaska. Many tell me that there is mostly an older crowd cruising Alaska. My kids will be 28, 26, 24, 21 next summer when we plan the Alaska cruise. I would hate if they didn't have a great time with other young adults. So any one have suggestions, facts, or recommendations of what we should do. I plan to try to book a cruise (Alaska or something Bahamas) by June. So we will have a year to pay on it. Who has a comment? Some say this would be a once in lifetime opportunity for my kids, so whatever. Or take them someplace else and me and my husband go sail to Alaska another time. What to do, what to do. Help.

Cyn

As Rob said Alaska draws all sorts of ages. Have you been to the Ports of Call board yet for Alaska. There is a wealth of info there. If you decide to take your children that site might help you. Just ask your question over there. I bet you will get all sorts of replies. Hope this helps.

Marilyn

We took our 2 kids, ages 20 & 18, last summer. They did not meet anyone else their age on the cruise, but they didn't care at all. They loved the cruising experience -- the food, the service, just being able to relax without the everyday stuff going on.

We took them for my daughter's HS graduation trip. My son, who teases me frequently about being addicted to cruising, made the comment on a land vacation in January that I've ruined him for life -- nothing else compares to cruising :D . As a result, we have booked a caribbean cruise for May, and they were perfectly willing to pay their own way.

I'm lucky that mine get along well together, and they weren't even interested in going to the disco or anything at night to see if they could maybe meet other kids their own age.

Absolutely take your kids on that cruise to Alaska. They'll have a great time whether or not there are anyone else on the cruise their age or not. There are alot of different, great things to do in Alaska. I say take them and have a wonderful family cruise, all together.

Archived