FOS~ which shows are a must?

Definitely "Now You See It." Drew Thomas is a really god illusionist and his last trick will definitely be appreciated by your kids. While DW and I missed it, we heard "Freedom-ice.com," the ice show, was spectacular. We were not as wild about "Marquee" (which I'd skip if you're going with kids). "Once Upon a Time" was pretty solid and they'll definitely know the stories being presented (Little Red Riding Hood, Pinocchio, etc.) while you'll know the music being used in all likelihood ("Route 66," "Hungry Like the Wolf," etc.

I LOVE the Drew Thomas Now You See it Magic Show. The music, the RC dancers and then of course, Drew Thomas is just great. I have seen that show 3 times and would go see it again.

FamilyCruise2011436.jpg[/img]

FamilyCruise2011451.jpg[/img]

FamilyCruise2011480.jpg[/img]

This year for the first time we went to see the Freedom Ice show. It was really good and definitely worth the time. Whatever you go see the FOS is a great ship.

Thanks for the info! I was wondering if "Now You See It" was a magician...but illusionist makes more sense.

Marquee is it more like a broadway show? Doubt my kids would sit through that.

I defintely want to go to the ice show! They have never seen it, or even ice skated.

Thanks for the info! I was wondering if "Now You See It" was a magician...but illusionist makes more sense.

I defintely want to go to the ice show! They have never seen it, or even ice skated.

If you think that they might want to try ice skating, don't forget the long pants! Have fun!!! (Oh what am I saying, it's FOS, you will have a blast!:D)

The ice show is a must.

We were really disappointed in Drew Thomas show. Nothing special at all in it.

The mood of people at show was terrible which would tell that show was poor. We left early.

All other shows were great

First time I've heard of this, but I've never searched for reviews before. We were planning to attend this show and the ice show only because we're not into the Broadway type stuff. Can you elaborate on what you didn't like about this particular show?

"Marquee" is a Broadway/West End revue - not the greatest song/musical selections, IMO.

42nd Street

- 42nd Street

- We’re in the Money

- Lullaby of Broadway

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat

- Joseph Megamix

Sunset Boulevard

- With One Look

Phantom of the Opera

- Phantom of the Opera

- Masquerade

- Music of the Night

- All I ask of You

Cabaret

- Wilkommen

- Money

- Cabaret

La Cage Aux Folles

- Best of Times

- La Cage Aux Folles

A Chorus Line

- What I did for Love

- One

We were also disappointed with Drew Thomas. I actually dozed off :eek:. DH and I thought there was way too much talking and "build up" - have seen similar comments on other posts. Your kids would probably enjoy the illusions, but be ready for them to get impatient waiting (IMHO ;))

Nat

We were also disappointed with Drew Thomas. I actually dozed off :eek:. DH and I thought there was way too much talking and "build up" - have seen similar comments on other posts. Your kids would probably enjoy the illusions, but be ready for them to get impatient waiting (IMHO ;))

Nat

I agree. This show has the potential to be great, however there was too much "down time" in between the tricks and illusions.

Thanks to everyone for your opinion!

I think that we will do just the ice skating. That is something that I believe that will capture theie interest. My 9 year old son loves rock clibing. Maybe we will do that instead.

I'm guessing that by the time we board her, all my kids are going to want to do is swim. My little fishies!

Nat

Totally agree with Nat. We were on Freedom in October with our 4 year old grand-daughter. Drew Thomas talked WAAAY to much setting up "illusions" that were average at best. The ice show was terrific,fast paced,excellent skaters,our grand-daughter loved it,and surprisingly she loved the two production shows,the sets,dancing and music had her clapping along,singing and totally enjoying the shows.

First time I've heard of this, but I've never searched for reviews before. We were planning to attend this show and the ice show only because we're not into the Broadway type stuff. Can you elaborate on what you didn't like about this particular show?

It wasn't original at all. Sawing a girl in half isn't exactly original. He lacked charisma. I have seen a Irish illusionist called Keith Barry and what he does is original.

As I said the other shows were top notch, I anticipated the magic show the most - maybe my expectations were too high

My favorite show was The Revolution which was the Beatles tribute. It was great and eventhough your kids probably don't know who they are, they will probably love it. Fast paced and the crowd gets into the show! By the way, I agree with the illusionist's show. Not very good! Enjoy your cruise!

Archived