hidden worlds ceynote park

andinp

• 2 weeks later...

We have not been to Hidden Worlds but we have been to many other cenotes along 307. I'd love to say they are boring and not worth seeing just so people don't start bombarding them. They are very cool!!! Hidden Worlds was featured in an IMAX film. I can't remember the name right now. Alot of the cenotes are independently owned by families and are s little out of the way but we have been visiting them for a few years now. It is rather far from Cancun though. If you are docking in Calica/Playa del Carmen or Cozumel and ferrying you will be closer. Dos Ojos is another one that is nice to snorkel. My guys favorite is tyhe Taj Majal but you have to dive under a wall to get into the cavernous part that they love. It freaked mo out a little. They are very cold though! My daughter got hypothermia last summer. In other words, you won't need to spend too much time there. There is lots to do along the 307 corridor though. If you are an independent traveler look for a company online that selld maps, I think it is called Can-do Cancun. Order the Mayan Riviera map or the Playa del Carmen map. Actually I think we got all of the maps they did. We have conveniently used their maps to find all kinds of cool out of the way things for about 6 or 7 years.

thanks so much....glad to here ceynotes are wirth wild. I went to the hidden worlds web site and it looks like it is not as far as excaret so it might not be too bad but i'll look into getting there from cozumel. Last time we were in cancun we passed a sign for it and it looked great. thanks again

• 1 month later...

piediscalzo, we have gone to Cancun about 5 times in the last 6 yrs. (Going again in 2 wks.) and, like you, we like to drive out away from Cancun. We have only done Xel Ha, Xcaret, Tulum, messed around a few times in Playa del Carmen and stopped there and there. But never gone to a cenote (although once we almost did and I think Hidden Worlds was the one!) This year my husband would like to dive a cenote. Do you think Hidden Worlds is the best one if a person is only doing one? ( I can't dive, but if there is snorkeling, I'm game!) Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

Archived