Soltice fv cabin 7107

joyce&bob

We (3 adults) are on the Soltice 12/11 sailing in the FV cabin 7107. A couple of questions: Does the little bedroom have a closet or drawers? Is their room & a table in the cabin so we could play cards? Which dining room is for "select dining?" Is it a long walk to the dining room?

Thanks for any help!

Just got back from Solstice 8107. Great cabin but possibly the worst use of space I have ever seen. There is a TON of wasted room. The master bedroom is huge with acres of unused floor space, whie the second bedroom is tiny, just the width of the bed. Could have been so much better.

Yes, there is a closet in the smaller bedroom. It has some drawers in it. There is a table to play cards but it only has two chairs, you will have to pull over one of the living room chairs or your steward may bring you an extra one.

Select dining is in the main dining room, but it is a LOOONG walk to anywhere on the ship. Be prepared for a hike no matter where you want to go.

One thing you should also be prepared for. That location is VERY loud! I understand noise and vibration when the anchor is being lowered, but when they use the bow thrusters to move laterally toward a dock, the vibration is unbelievable. Everything in the room shakes and rattles, incuding the light fixtures. And forget being able to sleep--many mornings we were awakened at 5:00 AM or so by the noise and vibrations when coming into port. I asked friends we made in cabins that were further aft, and they claimed to not hear anything out of the ordinary. Hope you are early risers! I really wanted to ask a member of the crew to come and witness it--quite spectacular on several occasions!

Other than those issues it is a great cabin, tons of room.

Sorry to be a pest but............was their a closet in the main bedroom also and how far to the closest elevator. I'm assuming by what you said it's a long walk also.

Hi Joyce&Bob,

Here is a copy of the Solstice Deck Plan... As you can see from where you are on Deck 7 to the Elevators is aprox 20 Cabins long (so at least 200 Feet).

CC - Solistice Deck Plans (Deck 7) = http://www.cruisecritic.com/celebrity-solstice-deck-plans/dp/?shipID=381&deck=5

The Main Dining Room you will find on Decks 3 and 4... at the opposite end of the ship... past the mid-ship elevators so ya a long hike overall (add on another 500+ Feet)

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

Thanks for the helpful info. Traveling with my husband and sister-in-law. This is my sister-in-laws first vacation since her husband passed away, so very anxious for it to go smoothly. Guess I better warn her about the noise - hope this doesn't spoil things for her.

We were in 8107 on the Eclipse which is identical to yours except the ones on the 7th floor have smaller balconies. There was a good amount of vibration when leaving the ports, but it was when we were getting ready for dinner. No big deal. Couldn't tell when we were docking in the AM at all.

It's a GREAT room. Although I do agree it has a lot of open wasted space. Looks like they took care of that on the Silly. We had 4 chairs at the dining room table. I'll see if I can get some pics on here. We are sailing again on Eclipse, same room 8107 this Sat!

We were in 8107 on the Eclipse which is identical to yours except the ones on the 7th floor have smaller balconies. There was a good amount of vibration when leaving the ports, but it was when we were getting ready for dinner. No big deal. Couldn't tell when we were docking in the AM at all.

Those on the 7th floor are a bit smaller in cabin size too at the end where the forward facing windows are. Not such a big area for the table and chairs in the living room or floor space in the bedroom. Still plenty of room and I must say I didn't notice the docking noises. 7107 on Eclipse:

2577018640054958397S600x600Q85.jpg

2080450480054958397S600x600Q85.jpg

Phil

We (3 adults) are on the Soltice 12/11 sailing in the FV cabin 7107. A couple of questions: Does the little bedroom have a closet or drawers? Is their room & a table in the cabin so we could play cards? Which dining room is for "select dining?" Is it a long walk to the dining room?

Thanks for any help!

joyce&bob, here's the link for the roll call for the 11th. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1280212

We currently have over 100 signed up for the Cruise Critic get-together.

Doug M

It's a GREAT room. Although I do agree it has a lot of open wasted space. Looks like they took care of that on the Silly. We had 4 chairs at the dining room table. I'll see if I can get some pics on here. We are sailing again on Eclipse, same room 8107 this Sat!

Must be a big difference between Solstice and Eclipse because the vibrations in the AM on Solstice were incredible. Even my daughter was awakened extra early and was just amazed at the amount of noise and shaking. Not nearly as bad when we were leaving ports.

In 8107 the table was one of the two tops from the buffet area--guess they couldn't spring for a regular dining table! Huge cabin with a little dinky table. . .

ANd yes there was a closet in the MBR and the forward elevators were a long way--I am terrible at measurements. DH guesses 150 feet. . .

Must be a big difference between Solstice and Eclipse because the vibrations in the AM on Solstice were incredible. Even my daughter was awakened extra early and was just amazed at the amount of noise and shaking. Not nearly as bad when we were leaving ports.

In 8107 the table was one of the two tops from the buffet area--guess they couldn't spring for a regular dining table! Huge cabin with a little dinky table. . .

ANd yes there was a closet in the MBR and the forward elevators were a long way--I am terrible at measurements. DH guesses 150 feet. . .

Thanks for all the info. & especially the pictures. I really hope the long walk isn't too much for my sister-in-law (bad knees).

Archived