Just off B2B on Allure! 11/13-11/27

lktomkies

Hello everyone!

I am just off of a b2b on the Allure! If anyone has specific questions, I'd be happy to try to answer them, even though, even after two weeks on board I'm no expert!

Also, I am working on a travel blog of our trip that I'm going to have made into a book for my kids. It's still a work in progress, but I've added quite a few pictures in the past few days. If you'd like to look at it, the URL is:

http://travelpod.com/members/lktomkies

Some of the photos are ones I "lifted" from google images, some are from the ships photographers, and some are my own.

As I said, if you have questions, I'd be happy to try to help!

Linda

I am glad that you had an amazing week...I have a couple of questions..

On what side did the Allure dock? Especially in Nassau

What cabin do you have? something to say about it?

Did you use the video booth? Is it working?

Thanks!

Hello everyone!

I am just off of a b2b on the Allure! If anyone has specific questions,

Linda

In the unlikely event I ever get to do a B2B on Allure, I'll look forward to hearing how that process went. Other than that, I'll just sit back, enjoy, and interject where appropriate.

PS, if you lined up a few dozen Allures heading South East from your house, it might reach mine :)

I am glad that you had an amazing week...I have a couple of questions..

On what side did the Allure dock? Especially in Nassau

Thanks!

I'll tell you in May we docked on the port side in Nassau, starboard side everywhere else.

Thanks, Bill. I can't remember which side faced port, but it seems in Nassau the port side did, although there magnate been another ship right up along side, blocking views.

The first week, we had room 10253, 10th deck, port side, balcony overlooking the Central Park. I loved, loved, loved over looking Central Park! We still got natural light, since CP is open to the sky. We could hear the musicians from below, people watch, etc. Our attendant was a woman named Hema, and she was fantastic!

Second week, we had room 10144, still 10th deck, port side, but more forward and with an ov balcony. Attendant was Able, who was quite competent, but I prefer Hema! Biggest difference in the rooms was that, in the CP room, the bed was closer to the balcony, but was reversed in 2nd room. I MUCH prefer bed closer to balcony, because it hinders closet access otherwise.

Oddly, in the 2nd room the cabinet on the lower left of the vanity was much wider and deeper, making it suitable for my son to store his clothes. So, that was nice.

If we ever sail Oasis/Allure again, I will have a CP balcony. CP was my favorite part of the ship.

Also, recommend trying to be more mid-ship. It is a LONG way to the dining room from the forward cabins! TWO elevator rides if you're high up, have a Stroller, wheelchair or walker. We always walked the length of the ship on deck 8, the CP deck. Much easier than trying to maneuver through the rp.

Hello everyone!

I am just off of a b2b on the Allure! If anyone has specific questions, I'd be happy to try to answer them, even though, even after two weeks on board I'm no expert!

Also, I am working on a travel blog of our trip that I'm going to have made into a book for my kids. It's still a work in progress, but I've added quite a few pictures in the past few days. If you'd like to look at it, the URL is:

http://travelpod.com/members/lktomkies

Some of the photos are ones I "lifted" from google images, some are from the ships photographers, and some are my own.

As I said, if you have questions, I'd be happy to try to help!

Linda

Do they offer you any kind of laundry discount between the two cruises ?

Linda,

I LOVED your blog. I read through day by day....it was ALMOST as good as being on a cruise. Thanks for sharing your vacation with all of us addicts. Hopefully, it will be enough to get me through to my next cruise (in 31 days...but who is counting?).

Thanks again.

Kim

Thanks, everyone! The blog is definitely still a "work in progress." I hope to continue to add some more text and photos. I realized I haven't even talked about the "How to Train your Dragon" ice show, the ice games, etc!

The cruise director was Allan Brooks. I don't know how much longer he'll be on the Allure, but he seemed to be humorous and well-liked. My kids liked him...

As far as laundry goes, there were discounts in the coupon books that they give C&A members when you board. We are platnium, so we got $5 off a $25 bag of laundry. It was only good on "wash and fold" day, which I think was Wednesday. That was good for things like t-shirts, shorts, pj's, socks, etc. I think there were also coupons for dry cleaning and pressing, but we did not use those.

Great review and pictures of Allure!!! :D I've been off of her 2 months and still missing her!!! Around what time did you have to meet to go out for immigration, how long were you off the ship, just curious i'm doing a b2b in February on Oasis cant wait!!!

Linda, I thoroughly enjoyed your blog and the pictures of your beautiful family! Thanks so much for sharing! Would you mind telling the cost of Mr. Sanchos and if there is a particular food and/or drink you would recommend? Also, how did you book the time for your family portraits and your daughter's senior pictures? Such a great idea! I didn't know it was possible to do this!

OK! Lot of questions to answer! My internet's been down all day because we're having new carpet installed!

I misunderstood the laundry question. Yes, there are coupons in the C&A coupon book, but nothing specific for the "inbetween" day if you're doing a b2b. However, I met one woman in the b2b group whose husband had (somehow) left the ship very early that morning in Ft. Lauderdale and went somewhere to do their laundry! I'm not sure I'd be willing to do that...but we did spend probably $50 to $75 on laundry services!

The beer coolers. READILY available! Seems like all bar staff (at least at the pools) were wearing them on their backs to "advertise" them. I can't remember exact price, and it varies according to what beer you buy. You can buy any beer for them, and even mix and match! I drink Miller Lite, and the normal price is $4.25. After your initial cooler purchase, you can buy 8 beers for the price of 7, so a little savings. I can't remember the price of the cooler, but it seems we paid around $45 for the cooler and the initial 8 beers. Hope that helps. Husband drinks Killians, and they don't carry that on the ship.

My number one tip for sailing on Allure is to PRE-PLAN as much as possible! I know some people don't like to do that, but we felt very confident getting on the ship, knowing we had our show reservations, specialty dining reservations, etc. We were able to change a couple of things around once on board, but I knew we wouldn't get shut out of any shows.

Also, if you're comfortable doing so, check the cc port of call boards for recommendations on private tour operators. They're usually cheaper, more personal, and I think, offer more value for your money than the ship's offerings.

Mr. Sanchos. All inclusive plan is $45 per person. If you go a la carte, you won't have access to the beautiful swimming pool or the palapas, and you'll have to pay for each and every drink, food item, etc. I think the AI was worth it. The day we were there, I would say it was at less than half capacity, so not crowded at all. I'm sure it will get busier as the season progresses...

This is a personal decision, but I do NOT recommend the ship's photographer's "Get the Picture" CD. We paid $239 for it, and I don't feel it was worth it. If you do purchase it, make SURE you're getting your picture taken at EVERY opportunity! Then, try to resist buying the "hard copies" you will find in your picture folder!!

We had planned on having family photos taken while on the ship. Since my daughter hadn't had her senior pics taken yet, I asked her if she would like to do them on the ship. She was all for that! I scheduled an appointment with the ship's photographer's studio called "Picture This" on the 8th deck in the Central Park. We scheduled a night photo shoot because the CP is so gorgeous at night! He spent about an hour or hour and 15 minutes with us, taking family photos first, then doing "senior" shots of Kim. They do not charge for the photo session, however, I must warn you that the photo packages are EXTREMELY expensive. I'm kind of embarrassed to admit how much we paid, but I do LOVE my pictures. We paid to get all of our pictures (about 200 of them) on a cd, so we can print whatever we want at home.

Keep the questions coming!

Linda

Thanks, everyone! The blog is definitely still a "work in progress."

As far as laundry goes, there were discounts in the coupon books that they give C&A members when you board. We are platnium, so we got $5 off a $25 bag of laundry. It was only good on "wash and fold" day, which I think was Wednesday. That was good for things like t-shirts, shorts, pj's, socks, etc. I think there were also coupons for dry cleaning and pressing, but we did not use those.

Thank you

• 5 months later...
Did they have the same shows during the second week? Or were there new shows to go see?

Same shows every week...they usually have the same shows for a few years

Archived