We did it!..Booked our first Regent Cruise

dibati2

We decided to smash the piggy bank and have our first trip to Europe. 10 days next Summer on the Mariner - Monte Carlo to Barcelona.

The first couple of categories are waitlisted so we booked the F cat instead. I wanted the peace of mind knowing the price is locked and the vacation is a go.

I called Regent directly to book and had a fantastic experiance. I really feel like a valued client and the agent says he will be our point of contact for all matters until cruising. I didn't get that level of customer service with other cruise lines.

We are off to a great start as a first time Regent client. I will spend the rest of the winter months researching and planning. I look forward to advice from the Regent Alumni at Cruise Critic, so thank you in advance.

2012 will be a memorable year

Hi,

Congrats on deciding to take the plunge. I think you'll like the Mariner, it's my favorite Regent ship.

Since you have time until your cruise, you may want to do some comparison shopping in terms of what fares/ benefits you may get by booking with a cruise travel agent instead (specially one that specializes on luxury travel). Many times you'll get a rebate of a certain % of your cruise fare and/or shipboard credits. If you find somebody that can offer a better deal you can transfer your booking from Regent to the travel agent.

Ditto for us! Once we sailed Regent (after Hall, RCL, Olympia, etc), there was no turning back. We've even done some comparisons with costs between HAL -our previous favorite - to Regent, and once you add in all the extras, Regent wins hands down. You will love it. On these chat boards, there are a lot of critics (and I've had my say on a few topics as well), but overall we are Regent supporters. We're off to Aussie land in 2013 next on Voyager, and can't wait!

PS.... I agree with Cruiseluv - you really should transfer your booking to a TA who is knowledgeable in the 'luxury' cruise lines. We can't name them on this board, but you can email me at huciks at shaw dot ca.

Also, I (or one of the others) can give you a Regent referral thru the ambassador program and you'll get onboard credits for your cruise as a result. We did that, and it was a welcome credit on our first Regent cruise!

I agree with others re finding a TA who specializes in luxury cruises. On our first cruise, we booked with Regent and all went well. On our second, we kept getting different info for flights, etc so we switched the booking to a TA and all was worked out.

You will love Regent.

Archived