Oasis of the Seas 11/26/11 - 12/03/11 Review

Day 7 – Saturday 12/02/11

The day started off early with the last DreamWorks Character Breakfast for the girls. The girls head a good time. After Breakfast we went up on the Boardwalk and the girls got their faces painted and enjoyed the activities.

20111202-Jeff-D90-Oasis-6849-X2.jpg

20111202-Jeff-D90-Oasis-6881-X2.jpg

We relaxed around the ship and then my oldest went to Adventure Oceans my wife and 1 year old went back to the cabin. I went to the Park Café and got my salad and roast beef sandwich. The line was long for the sandwich today. I was the 23rd person waiting in line and it peaked behind me at one point to 32 people in line.

After lunch I went to the Galley Tour I signed up for. It ended up starting about 20 minutes late since we believe the forgot about it. The Galley Tour when it started was pretty ok. Not much was going on since it was the mid afternoon. We got to see all areas of the Galley.

20111202-Jeff-D90-Oasis-0001-X2.jpg

20111202-Jeff-D90-Oasis-0012-X2.jpg

The rest of the afternoon I just relaxed and enjoyed the ship prior to dinner.

Dinner tonight was probably one of the worst menus of the week. I got the Grilled NY Strip and it was awful. Nothing compared to the upgrade filet you can purchase in the dining room. After dinner we dropped my 3 year old off at Adventure Ocean since she wanted to see the “Little People” that were going to be there. While the girls were there we went back to the cabin and packed up everything to set outside the door.

Debarkation 12/3/11

Was the best I have EVER seen on any ship. Royal Caribbean has done an excellent job of making it FAST & EASY on Oasis. We left our cabin at about 8 AM and we were loaded and in the van by 8:45 AM with 7 pieces of luggage and our the bags and items we brought with us. After a 45 minute stop in West Palm Beach for girls, Starbucks, & gas we pulled into the yard on the North Side of Orlando around 12:45 PM.

Royal Caribbean has figured out how to do debarkation the right way with the Oasis Class and the Oasis Terminal in Fort Lauderdale. The reason I am saying this and repeating myself is it is only fair since I blasted them a couple of years ago with the process on Independence. GREAT JOB with Oasis.

Debarkation/Departure Info:

Day7OasisP11-12022011-001-X2.jpg

Day7OasisP12-12022011-001-X2.jpg

Great review....adaorable kids!!

Agree about Adbracadbra!! Have seen them a few times and never tire of them......

I know you had small children with you,so maybe you didn't get a chance to get to the DL.........I was just wondering who the concierge in there was...

Great review....adaorable kids!!

Agree about Adbracadbra!! Have seen them a few times and never tire of them......

I know you had small children with you,so maybe you didn't get a chance to get to the DL.........I was just wondering who the concierge in there was...

It was Roberto, we made it up there once.

Thank you!

Let me get this straight..........Ricardo was in the DL and Natalia was in the CL??? They take turns??

They were both in the CL together or independently. i was not in the DL. They both handled various things for us.

They were both in the CL together or independently. i was not in the DL. They both handled various things for us.
Now Im confused.......I asked outtoseacruise who the DL conicerge was and she said Roberto........but you're saying he was in the CL.:confused::confused:

It was Roberto, we made it up there once.

Roberto was there the 1 time we stopped in. I know some people like the guy but my wife and I both thought he was a flake and not organized (like Mr Magoo). That's just our impression of the guy.

Everyone has their own opinion. Just like some people think some Cruise Directors are great when we think they aren't. We thought Amy was one of the worst with her fake skip and wiggles on stage.

It just amazes me why some people think people like Amy and Ricardo are the greatest thing out their and plan their cruise around them. We could care less about who the Concierge or Cruise Director they don't make or brake a cruise.

Roberto was there the 1 time we stopped in. I know some people like the guy but my wife and I both thought he was a flake and not organized (like Mr Magoo). That's just our impression of the guy.

Everyone has their own opinion. Just like some people think some Cruise Directors are great when we think they aren't. We thought Amy was one of the worst with her fake skip and wiggles on stage.

It just amazes me why some people think people like Amy and Ricardo are the greatest thing out their and plan their cruise around them. We could care less about who the Concierge or Cruise Director they don't make or brake a cruise.

Im just keeping a list here on CC,for those who do want to know......was trying to keep the info current..:)

Im just keeping a list here on CC,for those who do want to know......was trying to keep the info current..:)

That's a good idea for the people that want to know.

The sad thing was my wife and I both got the same impression. Maybe he was just having an off moment? I almost put it on the comment card.

I think Richard Spacey is the greatest thing out there--especially since I picked the Oasis over Allure because of him and now we get Amy:(.

I'll be surprised it we ever get someone better than him, or a Concierge better than Ricardo.--They don't make or break a cruise, but as much as you're involved with them, they sure can make it a lot better.

I think Richard Spacey is the greatest thing out there--especially since I picked the Oasis over Allure because of him and now we get Amy:(.

I'll be surprised it we ever get someone better than him, or a Concierge better than Ricardo.--They don't make or break a cruise, but as much as you're involved with them, they sure can make it a lot better.

Richie is one of the few exceptions of a good Cruise Director. We have known him from the days when he was just part of the Cruise Directors Staff as Bingo Richie on Sovereign when he was a nobody. The only other one we liked was Jeff who was on Explorer and was from Weston, MA. Outside of Richie and Jeff none of the other impress us.

Thanks for your review! I went on the Oasis back on 9/24 and had a similar experience as you. I was amazed at how fast and easy it is to get through the boarding process. We got on around 12:30 PM, and were a bit overwhelmed by how crowded the Windjammer was, but once we found a table (it did take a bit of looking and then climbing over tables practically to get to an empty one), it was great. We also went to the Sail Away Party and thought that was a lot of fun with all the Dreamworks Characters. Never had been on a cruise before, and was a little worried the ship would be overhwelming, but it really wasn't and had a great time. As a result we are going back again at the end of January! They really did a great job with their Oasis class ships!

Fred, We're from Bristow! Right up the street! You should try the Allure next. There are a few differences. They're both incredible!

• 2 weeks later...

This was probably one of our best cruises if not the best. The Oasis is an incredible ship which has something for everyone. If you have kids this is the ship for you. My 3 year old & 1 year old loved the DreamWorks Characters and the Boardwalk. The Nursery and Adventure Ocean offer great programs for the kids. The Headliner Show-Abbacadabra was great and our 3 year old got up on her seat and started dancing.

This was the first time in 11 years that we had an inside cabin we usually have a Balcony or Outside. It wasn’t that bad. The advantages are that it is completely dark for the kids to sleep and they can’t even tell it is the daytime. I would have loved a Balcony but for the price difference it just isn’t worth it. It is your standard cabin and is pretty much the same size as a balcony less the balcony and we did it with a Pack-N-Play and folding stroller. Chances are this is our last time using a Pack-N-Play and stroller onboard since our 1 year old won’t need them anymore so we will have even more room next time.

This will probably be our last Western Caribbean since I would prefer the Eastern Caribbean. We were not impressed with Falmouth it may become something in a couple of years but not now. The good news is what they have done with Labadee. What an improvement since we were last there when you had to tender in and prior to all the improvements. If we do a Western again it would only be for Labadee. One disappointment in Cozumel was the amount of trash/junk in the water around the pier. I have been going to Cozumel since 1995 and this was the worst I have ever seen the water look around the pier.

The Good:

STARBUCKS

Park Café

Nursery & Adventure Ocean

DreamWorks

My Time Dining

Boardwalk Area

Abbacadabra

Oasis Overall

Embarkation & Debarkation

Labadee (Improvements)

The Bad:

Falmouth (Might improve in a year or two)

We select a cruise for what the ship has to offer. We usually stay onboard and enjoy everything on the ship since we have been to most of the ports in the past. Most of the ports are one big jewelry store & T-Shirt store. We are not jewelry people instead we spend our money on photo equipment and would prefer to see some of the camera stores in the Eastern Caribbean somewhere in the Western Caribbean (at least one port).

With a 1 and 3 year old we have taken a break on excursions for a few years until they are probably 8 & 6. Then we will start the excursions again.

The Embarkation and Debarkation are the best I have seen on any cruise line. They really figured out how to do this right this time.

We are already booked for Allure in the fall and our spring cruise could either be Freedom, Oasis, or Allure.

• 2 months later...

Archived