Oasis of the Seas 11/26/11 - 12/03/11 Review

Really enjoying your review and photos!!

:eek: How long would it take to get from Orlando (Longwood area) to the port without any stops?

We are actually next to Longwood. Depending on how traffic is and how you drive probably go with about 4 hours + or -. On average I can usually make it in 3.5 to 4 hrs with my best time back in 2000 of about 3 hours. I have also had times that it has been a miserable ride to Ft Lauderdale or Miami and had to keep bouncing back and forth on 95 and the Turnpike because of accidents. On Radiance back in 2001 I was the last one to board and almost missed the ship because of 3 accidents on the Turnpike. I prefer to stay on the Turnpike and try to avoid 95 as much as possible. If this is your first time driving it I would probably allow 5 hours + to avoid any issues.

Wow. Isn't it only 60'ish miles from Orlando? I'll be traveling on a Sunday morning. I might have to totally rethink our schedule.

I wish it was around 60 miles. I just saw you were going on Freedom. That is a quick easy drive. Just hop on the 417 to the Beachline and follow the signs. It will only be an hour or less.

Port Canaveral is where we like to sail from but if you want Oasis you have to head to Ft Lauderdale.

Freedom is a excellent ship you will have a great time.

Day 5 (11/30/11)

The days at sea start off early with the DreamWorks Character Breakfast again. The girls had a great time with the characters.

20111202-Jeff-D90-Oasis-6658-X2.jpg

After the breakfast we were off to the Adventure Ocean Talent Show and dropped our 3 year old off early so she could be in it.

20111202-Jeff-D90-Oasis-6679-X2.jpg

After the show we brought the girls to the Windjammer for lunch and then my 3 year old wanted to go back to Adventure Ocean for the afternoon while my wife and 1 year old decided to sleep. Guess where I was then off to for lunch? Park Café again for a salad and roast beef sandwich. After that I just relaxed around the ship for the afternoon the picked up my 3 year old and woke everyone up for dinner.

Our 1 year old went to the Nursery for dinner and the rest of us went to MTD @ 5:30. My 3 year old was so tired the next thing we knew her head was on the table and she slept through dinner. She really didn’t want to get up after dinner so we brought them both back to the cabin for an early night.

20111202-Jeff-D90-Oasis-6695-X2.jpg

Day 6 (12/01/11)

I got to sleep in this morning until about 9 then we went to the Windjammer for Breakfast. After Breakfast we went ashore in Cozumel for about 2 hours then returned for lunch. My 3 year old then decided that she wanted to use the H2O Zone. Big disappoinment for her since when we got there the H2O Zone was closed and roped off. I can only assume the water got contaminated???? We then walked the ship and relaxed until it was time for dinner. During Dinner our 3 year old stated she wanted to be in Adventure Ocean so my wife brought her up and signed her in.

After Dinner we went to the Opal Theater for Come Fly With Me and went to were one of the first ones there for the D+ Reserved Seating. The show was pretty good with all of the effects.

20111202-Jeff-D90-Oasis-6769-X2.jpg

20111202-Jeff-D90-Oasis-6772-X2.jpg

20111202-Jeff-D90-Oasis-6773-X2.jpg

20111202-Jeff-D90-Oasis-6775-X2.jpg

20111202-Jeff-D90-Oasis-6779-X2.jpg

We then picked up the girls and once again went out to the carousel for an hour.

I really appreciate your comprehensive details about your cruise. My daughter, son-in-law and I are taking my granddaughter with us on our Oasis cruise this coming March. She too is one year old, like your daughter. Would you by any chance have any photos of the high chair that they use in the dining room (I realize that your daughter ate in the nursery, but perhaps at the character breakfasts) or in the Windjammer? Did your one year old enjoy the Dreamworks characters? Thanks in advance.

I really appreciate your comprehensive details about your cruise. My daughter, son-in-law and I are taking my granddaughter with us on our Oasis cruise this coming March. She too is one year old, like your daughter. Would you by any chance have any photos of the high chair that they use in the dining room (I realize that your daughter ate in the nursery, but perhaps at the character breakfasts) or in the Windjammer? Did your one year old enjoy the Dreamworks characters? Thanks in advance.

It is a Rubbermaid High Chair

20111127-Jeff-D90-X2.jpg

I am enjoying your review and pictures and I especially appreciate all the scans of the Compass. I noticed that breakfast in the MDR is listed as "express buffet." Is only the buffet available or is the sit down breakfast that is available on other ships also available?

You could still order off the breakfast menu in the dining room even though they offered a express buffet.

I checked out the buffet pancakes, even though we were the first ones seated, they were ice cold so we ordered off the menu. Waiter seemed to be pushing the buffet (less work maybe?).

We once again hit the MTD @ 5:30. Our Waiter for the entire cruise was Markland Williams who did an excellent job each night at dinner. After the first night our 1 year old went to the nursery ($8 an hour) each night while we were at dinner. They would also feed her while she was there. Our 3 year old would have dinner with us (Mac & Cheese every night for her). Tonight the Filet of beef was excellent and melted in your mouth.

We also had Markland last week- he was great and I really appreciated his honesty about his recommendations!

Shooraq- Im planning to post the Compasses from our Eastern Dec 3 cruise, but I won't get a chance to do that project till after the holidays!

We had family that were on this cruise and when they returned they said there was nothing really happening on the ship, it was boring and nothing new compared to the other ships they had been on. Well as I thought they were just being their usual boring selves :D

It looks like it was a brilliant cruise and that you had so much fun....glad for you :D

CK x

I am enjoying your review and pictures and I especially appreciate all the scans of the Compass. I noticed that breakfast in the MDR is listed as "express buffet." Is only the buffet available or is the sit down breakfast that is available on other ships also available?

I am not sure about the express buffet for breakfast in the MDR. All we have done on the Oasis and Freedom this year were the DreamWorks Breakfast in the MDR and the Windjammer. I am not sure but I think I saw something setup in the middle of the MDR?

Where in the Opal theater is the D+ Reserved Seating? Where else is the reserved seating for the other shows?

Day 6 (12/01/11)

I got to sleep in this morning until about 9 then we went to the Windjammer for Breakfast. After Breakfast we went ashore in Cozumel for about 2 hours then returned for lunch. My 3 year old then decided that she wanted to use the H2O Zone. Big disappoinment for her since when we got there the H2O Zone was closed and roped off. I can only assume the water got contaminated???? We then walked the ship and relaxed until it was time for dinner. During Dinner our 3 year old stated she wanted to be in Adventure Ocean so my wife brought her up and signed her in.

After Dinner we went to the Opal Theater for Come Fly With Me and went to were one of the first ones there for the D+ Reserved Seating. The show was pretty good with all of the effects.

We then picked up the girls and once again went out to the carousel for an hour.

The D+ seating that we used was as follows:

In the Opal we entered on deck 6 and it was th 2 center rows in front of the tech booth. There may have been some on Deck 5 but we didn't make it down there.

In the AquaTheater it was in the center I think it was 4 & 5 rows from the top.

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk

Disregard this post. I answered my second question. You came in on Deck 5. http://wa-digital.com/OpalTheatre/

The D+ seating that we used was as follows:

In the Opal we entered on deck 6 and it was the 2 center rows in front of the tech booth. There may have been some on Deck 5 but we didn't make it down there.

In the AquaTheater it was in the center I think it was 4 & 5 rows from the top.

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk

Disregard this post. I answered my second question. You came in on Deck 5. http://wa-digital.com/OpalTheatre/

Correct, my mistake. We would go to deck 6 on the dining room end and go down the hall by the cabins to the front then down to Deck 5 to avoid all the people on the Promenade when we were in a hurry. I just had 6 on my mind typing and forgot we dropped back down.

As far as the D+ Seating on the other deck we didn't make it down there.

FYI, once they get anywhere from 5 - 15 minutes prior to show they open it up to anyone. People were waiting for the seats. The bad part is when our show in the AquaTheater was rescheduled they had delays and we were unable to get to the Opal Theater prior to them opening the D+ Seats up to anyone. Keep that in mind when if booking shows or the get rescheduled you may have to rush to get from one end of the ship to the other and the D+ Seats may have been opened up by the time you arrive.

We also had Markland last week- he was great and I really appreciated his honesty about his recommendations!

Shooraq- Im planning to post the Compasses from our Eastern Dec 3 cruise, but I won't get a chance to do that project till after the holidays!

You are quite ambitious, my friend. :D I basically finished the first two days of photos... so many more to go. Once I do, I'm just going to post a link to all them for people here to view.

Archived