Timing flt to USA from Copenhagen Disembark?

carolbookaholic

Copenhagen is a greaeta city. sTAY OVER ANd ENJOY A DAY Or TWO There.

Thanks for the advice. I agree it does look like a great city, but we will be staying there a couple of days before our cruise, and we want to move on to other destinations when we disembark.

You could take the train to my hometown ;)

We have flew out of Copenhagen a lot of times but we almost every time arrive the night before our flights leave (we take the train from Kalmar to Kastrup and to be able to take early flights we need to leave the day before). With this said, I don't know how much time you would need.

You could take the train to my hometown ;)

We have flew out of Copenhagen a lot of times but we almost every time arrive the night before our flights leave (we take the train from Kalmar to Kastrup and to be able to take early flights we need to leave the day before). With this said, I don't know how much time you would need.

How long does it usually take you to get through security at Kastrup? And when was the last time you did it?

Edited by belgiantuesday

I don't know, since we always have plenty of time I have never thought about it. Last time was in the end of January this year. It may take some time to check bags but security scaning is often very effective and quick, I guess 10min or less but I really don't know.

I don't know, since we always have plenty of time I have never thought about it. Last time was in the end of January this year. It may take some time to check bags but security scaning is often very effective and quick, I guess 10min or less but I really don't know.

If you don't know, it can't be too bad! Horribly long waits tend to leave a lingering impression, so this gives me hope :)

This was our experience. It was in 2007, so I do not know how relevant it is for 2016. Plus I'm not sure, but I think the ship came in earlier than the 7 AM you mentioned.

We had a great special on Continental Airlines, but it was only for flights leaving Copenhagen at 9 AM. Both Princess and our TA said that was much too early, so we stayed over a day in Copenhagen and took a 9 AM flight the next day.

When we got our luggage tags, my DW pointed out to me that there was a tag specifically for Continental flights at 9 AM. I looked, and not only was she right, but there was also a tag for flights earlier than 9 AM.

This was our experience. It was in 2007, so I do not know how relevant it is for 2016. Plus I'm not sure, but I think the ship came in earlier than the 7 AM you mentioned.

We had a great special on Continental Airlines, but it was only for flights leaving Copenhagen at 9 AM. Both Princess and our TA said that was much too early, so we stayed over a day in Copenhagen and took a 9 AM flight the next day.

When we got our luggage tags, my DW pointed out to me that there was a tag specifically for Continental flights at 9 AM. I looked, and not only was she right, but there was also a tag for flights earlier than 9 AM.

Yeah, I'm sure a cruiseline or TA would not want to accept responsibility for such a recommendation. They'd never hear the end of it if it didn't work out! My local airport you could show up a half hour before your flight and make it (not that you would want to), and other airports you need at least 3 hours. Many just need one or two hours. I am wondering what kind of airport CPH is.

Edited by belgiantuesday