Gobble, Gobble, Thanksgiving on the Miracle Review!

momonthego17

Great Review. I love the Miracle. It's probably one of my favorite ships in the fleet. And let me tell you, as a pilot, landing at St. Maarten is one of the best things about my job. Mainly because My airplane is so big and the runway is so small.

Thank you RunsWithFlyingDolphins! We thought Miracle was pretty perfect as well. I am really excited to see how Liberty measures up next Thanksgiving when we cruise again (only 318 more days, but who's counting:eek:).

I bet landing the big airplane is fun for you! I'd be a white-knuckle rider:D!

Thanks for reading my review!

Thanks for the great review. What is Joker's? Is it a game room for kids of any age? Is it supervised?

Thanks!

Hi PegNRay!

Thanks for the kind words! The Joker Room is a game room with tables that you can play games on. The games range from Battleship, Clue, Scrabble, Jenga, Checkers, Risk and I saw cards being played. I didn't see any monitoring, mostly kids playing and families playing. I would say if a kid is old enough to play a board game like that, then they are old enough for The Joker's Room.

Thanks for reading my review!

Thank you for sharing that wonderful review!!

Makes me excited for my Miracle cruise in the summer!

Wow, Celandine! You have traveled extensively! Antarctica is on my bucket list as well. Thanks for reading my review.

Have a wonderful cruise this summer on Miracle!!

• 3 weeks later...

***momonthego17*** not sure which islands/tours your family has been on but I noticed you said your girls loved the monkeys. I don't know if you've been to Isle of Roatan yet but if you ever have a chance to go the island is beautiful and you can do a tour with Bodden Tours and for an extra $5 they will take you on a stop that allows you to spend time with some monkey's. They let them climb all over you and spend as much time with them as you want. There were two kinds we got to see. If was one of the coolest tours we've ever done. We loved it so much we booked it for a second time and was sooo dissapointed to miss the stop last year on the Dream.

What a great review! Thank you for taking the time to post it. You have a beautiful family!

May I ask on what night was the Chef's Table? I've booked it for my wife and I on our upcoming Miracle cruise in May. (reading your review I'm assuming it was the evening of the second full sea day?)

Thanks!

***momonthego17*** not sure which islands/tours your family has been on but I noticed you said your girls loved the monkeys. I don't know if you've been to Isle of Roatan yet but if you ever have a chance to go the island is beautiful and you can do a tour with Bodden Tours and for an extra $5 they will take you on a stop that allows you to spend time with some monkey's. They let them climb all over you and spend as much time with them as you want. There were two kinds we got to see. If was one of the coolest tours we've ever done. We loved it so much we booked it for a second time and was sooo dissapointed to miss the stop last year on the Dream.

Hi sassy1ja!

Funny you should mention Bodden Tours on Roatan. I've been checking them out and noticed the "monkey business" they have as well. I'm trying to decide between ziplining and beach or just beach. Add monkeys to the mix and we are good to go! Thanks for your input and thanks for reading my review!

What a great review! Thank you for taking the time to post it. You have a beautiful family!

May I ask on what night was the Chef's Table? I've booked it for my wife and I on our upcoming Miracle cruise in May. (reading your review I'm assuming it was the evening of the second full sea day?)

Thanks!

Thank you for the kind words Cruiser_SG77! I really enjoyed putting my review together and I'm glad you liked it.

From what I understand, Chef's Table night can vary. Our night was on the second full sea day (like you thought) but I have heard of cruises that even schedule 2 Chef's Table nights because of demand. You will love it!

Have a wonderful cruise on Miracle!

Thank you for the kind words Cruiser_SG77! I really enjoyed putting my review together and I'm glad you liked it.

From what I understand, Chef's Table night can vary. Our night was on the second full sea day (like you thought) but I have heard of cruises that even schedule 2 Chef's Table nights because of demand. You will love it!

Have a wonderful cruise on Miracle!

Thank you!

Thank you!

Just remembered something that would affect your wife. I was all dressed in my fancy Chef's Table outfit and saw that the invite requested "closed toe shoes" and "no high heels". Hmmmm, I had closed toe high heels, or open toe wedge sandals (because of the galley tour). I finally decided on the open toe wedge and it worked fine. Keep that in mind when planning outfits for your wife.

I still think the heels would have been fine. Oh well.

Great review and beautiful family! Loved the pictures. We are sailing RCL Oasis in Dec and booked Bernard's Tour. Cannot wait!

I saw that you took some underwater pictures. Did you have a waterproof case or do you have a waterproof camera?

Thanks for sharing your review and photos. It's excellent. Gave me an inside look like I was there. Nicely done. My family and I are sailing the Miracle in April and it'll be our first cruise ever.

Hi Skydog802,

I'm happy you enjoyed my review. I learned a lot from writing it and I hope next cruise (Liberty Thanksgiving 2012!!) I will be able to make it even better!

Miracle is a wonderful ship, big but not too big, doesn't feel crowded and the staff is great! You and your family will have a wonderful time. What ports are you visiting? Let me know if you have any questions, first-time cruiser:D!

Great review and beautiful family! Loved the pictures. We are sailing RCL Oasis in Dec and booked Bernard's Tour. Cannot wait!

I saw that you took some underwater pictures. Did you have a waterproof case or do you have a waterproof camera?

Hi cransplash!

Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad you enjoyed the review. Just make sure you stay on top of Bernard with when you need to get back to the ship. Like I said in my review, my DH reminded Bernard that we needed to get back.

Yes, just before our cruise I bought a camera that shoots on land, underwater and shoots video underwater as well! I did some research and found that my Sony cybershot DSC-TX10 got glowing reviews. I bought it over Amazon for $375, and found a week later I could have gotten it for $50 less. My camera came with a tripod, case, extra battery, etc and it's a lovely shade of hot pink:eek: (other colors are available)!

Have a great cruise!

Hi cransplash!

Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad you enjoyed the review. Just make sure you stay on top of Bernard with when you need to get back to the ship. Like I said in my review, my DH reminded Bernard that we needed to get back.

Yes, just before our cruise I bought a camera that shoots on land, underwater and shoots video underwater as well! I did some research and found that my Sony cybershot DSC-TX10 got glowing reviews. I bought it over Amazon for $375, and found a week later I could have gotten it for $50 less. My camera came with a tripod, case, extra battery, etc and it's a lovely shade of hot pink:eek: (other colors are available)!

Have a great cruise!

Thanks for the information! How did you think the camera does for land pictures? I consistently read reviews on waterproof cameras that it is good for water/underwater but not necessarily land...

Thanks for the information! How did you think the camera does for land pictures? I consistently read reviews on waterproof cameras that it is good for water/underwater but not necessarily land...

I am very happy with my Sony camera's pics both above and under water. There are many "modes" that you can select from to enhance the item you are snapping. I used the "food" mode for my plates at Chef's Table which adds to the food's glossy appeal. I love the "soft skin" mode when pics are taken of me,(seems to soften my aging skin:eek:) and the split second sport mode captures kids jumping in the air (like Sky over the pool) crisply.

Right now I am using the movie mode to record my DDs compete at swim meets. They can learn from it and I can watch it over and over again. Yes, I am a swim mom!

Good luck on your camera quest!

Hi Skydog802,

I'm happy you enjoyed my review. I learned a lot from writing it and I hope next cruise (Liberty Thanksgiving 2012!!) I will be able to make it even better!

Miracle is a wonderful ship, big but not too big, doesn't feel crowded and the staff is great! You and your family will have a wonderful time. What ports are you visiting? Let me know if you have any questions, first-time cruiser:D!

Thank you! I'll sure to come back to you for questions.

Cheers.

Great Review! Thanks we sail on the Miracle in 43 days!!:D Your review has got me even more excited! do you have any pixs of the balcony?BTW you have a very nice family! and Kudo's for making it to the gym so often! lol

Thanks for reading my review, boxermom and for the kind words.

Here is a link to some pics of 6232 balcony and room.

http://www dot cruiselinerooms dot com Had to spell out "dot" so the website would come through.

I took pics with my phone and they are not as crisp as these. Go to Miracle, room 6232.

The gym was a little "me time". Gotta have that, right:D:D!

• 9 months later...

Archived