Ft. Laud. soda stop?

stoneharborlady

I have read here many times, that when taking a taxi from airport to the hotel (mine is not near shopping) folks will have the driver stop so they can run into a supermarket to buy soda to take on the ship. Are the drivers quite willing to do this? Do they just leave the meter running, or what? We have some in our family that would like some canned soda not sold on the ship, and they would like to bring their own onboard. Our hotel (Lago Mar) is not near any markets, and we wont have a car.

Karen

When you catch your cab, ask the cabbie what a 10 min stop at the Publix will cost you if you need to know. Yes, it will be metered. And yes they will do it. (They ARE earning easy money making a shopping stop) If you need the soda, it would be the easiest way to do it.

Unless you want to bus it during your hotel stay. Or.... if planning on using water taxis, make the stop then at one of the shopping stops.

When you catch your cab, ask the cabbie what a 10 min stop at the Publix will cost you if you need to know. Yes, it will be metered. And yes they will do it. (They ARE earning easy money making a shopping stop) If you need the soda, it would be the easiest way to do it.

Unless you want to bus it during your hotel stay. Or.... if planning on using water taxis, make the stop then at one of the shopping stops.

eandj, Thank you so much for your kind answer, I do appreciate it!

Karen

Archived