Smoothies on Solstice Class Ships

algorithmannie

I noticed that smoothies are included in the Non-Alcoholic Premium Beverage Package. I'm wondering where these smoothies come from. Are they the same room-service smoothies that people have commented aren't very good? Do they come from the bars? Anyone have a menu listing of the smoothies available?

I've done quite a bit of hunting on Cruise Critic but haven't found a whole lot about the smoothies. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Also, are any fresh squeezed juices, other than orange, available?

Thanks!

I noticed that smoothies are included in the Non-Alcoholic Premium Beverage Package. I'm wondering where these smoothies come from. Are they the same room-service smoothies that people have commented aren't very good? Do they come from the bars? Anyone have a menu listing of the smoothies available?

I've done quite a bit of hunting on Cruise Critic but haven't found a whole lot about the smoothies. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Also, are any fresh squeezed juices, other than orange, available?

Thanks!

Great questions. I look forward to the answers to them.

After some additional looking on the CC Boards, I found this helpful post in the Sticky thread about Beverage Packages:

"The only place I saw smoothies being prepared was at the bar in the buffet area. This bar is open around 7 am most mornings and remains open all day. Most of the other bars do not open until later. They always had fresh squeezed orange and grapefruit juice available and had fresh strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, bananas and other fruits with which to prepare the smoothies. I personally don't drink them but did see several being prepared each day and they customized them according to individual tastes. There may be smoothies available elsewhere on the ship, but the ones at the buffet bar looked wonderful."

That's very helpful! Anyone else want to chime in with more info?

On Eclipse last week, they would make non-alcoholic smoothies at the pool bar as well. They were at least cold and had some ice. The ones we've had through room service or at the aqua cafe in the solarium were pretty bad.

In June on the Solstice, we had CC class, getting the fresh juice and smoothies without the added cost. Both the orange and grapefruit juices worked well. The smoothies were only OK, kind of, in my book. Maybe through room service timing, it lost a little in the delivery process. For room service, order and try a variety of things on the menu. For breakfast, we liked the Oceanview Cafe. Quick, wide selections and options, would eat outside on the back of the ship. Great and fast! Wonderful views!! Below are some visual samples!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Back from a June 7-19 Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 52,644 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

For the handy and quick Oceanview Cafe buffet, here are some visual samples showing how large and open are these various serving areas. This area includes getting items from the pizza-pasta bar area, various hot and cold items, free tea and juice machines, evening sushi, carved fruit, etc.:

SolsticeOceanviewBuffet1.jpg

SolsticeOceanviewPizza.jpg

SolsticeOceanviewSushi.jpg

SolsticeOceanviewCarnvedFruit.jpg

I ordered Breakfast smoothies twice on two separate cruises, both though room service. Not to my liking. The fresh orange and grapefruit juices were fantastic. No charge for the smoothies& juice if ordered though room service and you have a concierge class cabin.

The Aqua Spa Cafe has a variety of fresh squeezed juices and I believe smoothies as well. That venue probably has the best quality of these drinks on the ship. It is open for breakfast and lunch.

On the Silhouette, smoothies were available at the Aqua Spa Cafe for breakfast but not lunch.

Archived