Ffryers Beach

Royalcot

Has anyone been to Ffryers Beach? It is not much advertised, but I've seen some beautiful pictures on the internet. Any comments would be more than welcomed!!!

Not quite as unspoilt as it once was, due to a desalination plant being built at the north end, but still worth a visit. You can walk to it from Valley Church by going south around the back of Cocobay resort, past their beach (Little FFryes), past the headland with Dennis' Restaurant on it, where you can stop for refreshments, and then on to FFryes itself. The walk would take 20-30 minutes from the Nest on Valley Church.

Just a note: there are actually two Ffrye's beaches. The one to the south is Big Ffrye's and to the north is Small Ffrye's. They're about the same length but Big Ffrye's is wider. Each had less than half a dozen people when I went there a few years ago. Big Ffrye's had a restaurant at the north end; no amenities (then) at Small Ffrye's.

Just a note: there are actually two Ffrye's beaches. The one to the south is Big Ffrye's and to the north is Small Ffrye's. They're about the same length but Big Ffrye's is wider. Each had less than half a dozen people when I went there a few years ago. Big Ffrye's had a restaurant at the north end; no amenities (then) at Small Ffrye's.

We'll take that into account. Thanks!!!

Archived