Caesar salad

noah53

I was so excited to have a caesar salad while on my cruise last month... I almost spit out my first bite as it was way to fishy tasting. Yes I know that caesar dressing has anchovies in it, but I have never had a caesar salad before that tasted like a big ol' fish. The caesar salad and the steak in the MDR were my only complaints in the food dept on the cruise. Other than that I am ready to go back :)

Im one who can see the pieces and thinks they are way too many in my salads. I dont like lots of dressing and they some times slather it on and I cant eat it.

I say LITE dressing .. and they pile it on. ruins it for me. I love salads usually.

Order the dressing 'on the side' like we do and use as much or as little as you like.

Why not try it just once....and if you dont like it, then you will know not to ever order it again. Maybe you will be pleasantly surprised and find it is not that bad at all. Poor poor little anchovies...they must be feeling quite discriminiated of. :p

No, the anchovies are ground up and mixed in the dressing.

I didn't know this. My DS and myself love the ceasar salad on Canival.

When we go to restaurants at home and DS gets a ceasar salad he always says "It's not like Carnival". We are not anchovie people per say but I guess ground up we are now :D

Archived