Caesar salad

noah53

I love caesar salads, the fishier the better. Sounds like I'm in the minority here, but I thought Carnival's caesar dressing was rather bland. There was always plenty of dressing, but it was just blah. I tried it two nights in the MDR and another time at the pizza station and it was always the same. However, this was on my first ever cruise, so I really don't have much to compare to. ;)

I'm not a fan of anchovies at all and could readily taste them in the dressing.....:(

So when we went to the Pasta Bar on the Dream I would make my own salad downstairs in the regular buffet and take it upstairs with me to order my pasta.

Worked out great!!!!

Im one who can see the pieces and thinks they are way too many in my salads. I dont like lots of dressing and they some times slather it on and I cant eat it.

I say LITE dressing .. and they pile it on. ruins it for me. I love salads usually.

Sounds like you can order the caesar dressing on the side? May try that in order to better 'control' the amount they pour on! (I agree sometimes it's too drenched for my liking altho I love the salad - including the 'anchovy paste'!)

thanks for letting me know the added ingredient to the yummy salad, now I will go puke! How ick, I love the salad but wouldn't eat it now knowing what else is in it LOL....

Seriously!?! That is hilarious! You love it but won't eat it now that you know there's anchovies in it? SMH

It is funny, I love Caesar salad, but I like most people have never had an anchovies by itself. So I would not know what they taste like, without the mayo, and other seasonings.

I like Worcestershire sauce also, but still do not know what anchovies taste like by them self.

So for the people that say they do not like them, I would bet it is the thought of anchovies, not the actual taste.

Yes, there is something about anchovies that is disgusting, but a caesar salad is one of the most delicious foods ever, and you just have to live with the fact that there are anchovies in it. I wouldn't eat anchovies alone, but I'd take a caesar salad any day.

Not that uncommon actually. DW has had venison chili but when she found out there was vension in it that was the end of that.

I've done that to my wife DOZENS of times. She thinks it's beef sausage, but really venison sausage, burger, etc. 'Chicken' is really Partridge. Turkey is really Turkey, but wild turkey and not from the store:)

You can't really have a true Caesar salad with out anchovies, at least in the dressing. I can't stand anchovies themselves, and I have never had a Caesar salad on Carnival, but if they use anchovy paste (I know it sounds gross, but it's really not) in the dressing, you don't have that salty, hairy, fishy experience. Ha! Now I'm craving Caesar salad. ENJOY!!!! We cruise in 2 days! :)

I've done that to my wife DOZENS of times. She thinks it's beef sausage, but really venison sausage, burger, etc. 'Chicken' is really Partridge. Turkey is really Turkey, but wild turkey and not from the store:)

Very funny. Somehow it is ok to eat cows and turkeys and chicken but bambi is another story.

WOW, if you can't stand something because of the particular animal in it, wait'll you find out what part of the animal is used for bologna, summer sausage, salami, and braunschweiger. :D

My favorite, Grandma's good ole fashioned German blood sausage, but that's another story.:)

WOW, if you can't stand something because of the particular animal in it, wait'll you find out what part of the animal is used for bologna, summer sausage, salami, and braunschweiger. :D

My favorite, Grandma's good ole fashioned German blood sausage, but that's another story.:)

Dont eat blood sausages now but if you told me what it was I would not eat it later either.icon7.gif

I use to eat a LOT of caesar salad. I'd order it at pretty much every restaurant as an appetizer or add chicken to make it a meal.

On my first cruise in 2004, I of course ordered caesar salad in the MDR. It tasted REALLY fishy. I love fish. I know what real caesar dressing is comprised of. But this dressing was WAY too fishy.

I ordered it the next night and had the same experience. It wasn't until talking to my mom about it after the cruise that she had the same thought.

Next cruise was two years later and I had forgotten about the caesar salads on my first cruise. I ordered caesar salad in the MDR and... really fishy again.

So, I've learned their caesar dressing isn't for me, but that's fine... there are a gazillion other things on the menu that are great!

I wonder if Carnival has changed the dressing over the years. On our first couple of cruises I enjoyed the Caesar salad but recently it has been too fishy tasting.

Does the salad at the pizza bar have the same dressing as in the MDR?

I beleve there is raw egg in it also.

Yes, Caesar salad has raw eggs, but I have no doubt on a cruise ship the eggs are pasteurized. I can't believe they would take a chance on people's getting ill from raw eggs.

Im one who can see the pieces and thinks they are way too many in my salads. I dont like lots of dressing and they some times slather it on and I cant eat it.

I say LITE dressing .. and they pile it on. ruins it for me. I love salads usually.

I wonder if you said LITE ON the dressing, instead of lite dressing, if it would make a difference. Somehow I feel they think you want some low/lower calorie dressing instead of less dressing.

Archived