Playa Uvas Chankanaab Or Paradise Beach

CruiseEm

Which is best Playa Uvas, Chankanaab or Paradise Beach for variety of options esp. active options. Not interested in AI since we are not planning to drink alcohol. TIA

If you want decent snorkeling you would be better off with Chank or Playa Uvas. If you want a nice sandy beach with good service , food and drinks, hit Paradise. They have a new pool now. (Why anyone would go to the beach and swim in a pool is beyond me.:rolleyes:)

Then there is Playa Palancar if you want to get away from the crowds. Then San Fransisco, Playa Corona, Mr. Sanchez etc, etc,etc.

To be honest, I have not found a beach on Cozumel that I didn't like.

Uvas has good snorkeling from the rocky shore but I would not recommend it for a beach day. Paradise beach was nice in the past, last time we went all the service, facilities, food and drink quality went down a LOT!...what happened there? Reading the cc posts, we went to Sanchos Beach and it was really nice, we will go back there!

I have only been to Chankanaab and it is beautiful with a lot to do there.

The snorkeling was awesome. The beach is HUGE. There is a pool, a playground for children, there is a beautiful lagoon with iguanas walking around everywhere, there is a self guided tour through an area full of beautiful trees and statues that lead to a mini replica of the mayan ruins. Then there is the dolphin area where you can swim with dolphins or manatee or just catch a sea lion show.

We loved our visit there so much, we are planning to return next year. :)

Here's a full review of our day there back in September and it has a link at the bottom to tons of pictures.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=30683350&postcount=59

Archived