What is the catch with the drink package?

tjandluke

I'm just back off the Favolosa today and they had an all inclusive package you could buy onboard for 16.96€ per day per person + 15% service charge.

I don't normally consider all inclusives as they are too expensive for the moderate amount I drink but this was a real bargain. I had fresh squeezed orange juice and cappucino at breakfast rather than the free stuff and found that anything I wanted to have to drink (including a G&T) was included.

Just got back from a 10 night cruise on Atlantica. We had the Extra All Inclusive drink package for $25.99 pp/per day and it worked out great for us. Everything (except premium alcohol, i.e. Absolute vodka, or wine by the bottle) was included.....beer/wine (house wine) by the glass, Prosecco, fresh orange juice, cappuccino, mixed drinks, water, and sodas. Wherever they served drinks, the package was available anytime, even at the buffet or in the pool area where they had servers who would get the drinks for you. All we did was sign a receipt which had a zero balance and that was it:D. After the first night in the dining room our waiter knew that we liked wine with dinner, and there was a bottle of red (house) wine and a bottle of water waiting for us every night. And btw., we were the only ones at a table for 10 using the package. The only place you could not get it was through room service. What a deal.....we loved it:D:D

Anne

Hi Mark & Anne - did you order that before you went - or did you get it on the ship as one or two others are indicating?

We bought the package before we went. If I remember correctly it was slightly more expensive on the ship.......about a dollar more per day. But still a great bargain!

Anne

We have enjoyed the X1 on the last two cruises with Costa and for an additional 6 Euros, seems like an easy upgrade to me. My DW has concerns after reading the menu (TY for posting BTW) and noticing the Bailey's and coffee with red next to it.

Judging from other posts, I figure one could order a Bailey's as that does not have a red star next to it, and then a Caffe Americano, then mix myself. I would prefer not to add the Bailey's to the vat coffee as I have not found a ship yet that does that right.

Anyways, anyone see a problem with my mixing plan?

Rob

We have enjoyed the X1 on the last two cruises with Costa and for an additional 6 Euros, seems like an easy upgrade to me. My DW has concerns after reading the menu (TY for posting BTW) and noticing the Bailey's and coffee with red next to it.

Judging from other posts, I figure one could order a Bailey's as that does not have a red star next to it, and then a Caffe Americano, then mix myself. I would prefer not to add the Bailey's to the vat coffee as I have not found a ship yet that does that right.

Rob

nope

Rob

No problem with mixing, but an easier way would be to use (or better still confiscate) DH Costa Card and order both items at the same tiem.

Ron

There is no catch. We just got off the Concordia a little over 2 weeks ago now and ordered the J2. It was more expensive on our cruise ($450 pp USD), but still found it a bargain. Only catch is you can't order a bottle of wine at dinner. But after a few days, our servers gave up and just left the bottles on our table because they kept having to run to the lobby bar for refills and got smart:D I figured our beverage tab woudl have been at least $2000 US had we not ordered it.

• 5 months later...

I tried to open your attachment but couldn't ....... can you plese send it to me ..... we are travelling to the med in september on the costa magica (should have been the concordia ) ....

margaret & roy

greenock

scotland

I tried to open your attachment but couldn't ....... can you plese send it to me ..... we are travelling to the med in september on the costa magica (should have been the concordia ) ....

margaret & roy

greenock

scotland

Please do leave some TIPs and suggestions for us..we are going in October .. :):)

I have uploaded it for you both -

There is NO catch -

Funny, I just gave my accountant a pile of ZERO receipts today, he was laughing at the early morning bloody marys.

We were on neoRomantica a few weeks ago, and have already booked a cruise in around 9 weeks time, as this AINCL package just makes cruising so VERY affordable -

Its unbelievable!!!

We tipped all bar staff well - waiting staff of course -

Worth every penny -

Its absolutely spot on!!

Extra All Inclusive.pdf

Archived