Carnival Flat Iron Steak

finditapt

Like some others have said, hit or miss. Most cruises I try it once but, because it can be tough, I skip it the rest of the week. This past trip we were on The Freedom for several weeks and it was excellent every time we ordered it. They offer a few sauces you can include, but I don't remember exactly what.

When we were on the Pride I got it every night on the side of my main course and it was always very good. I tried it on the Magic and it was not very good. I will be trying it again on the Sunshine in May and i'm hoping it is as good as it was on the Pride.

I like your positive approach to this subject. Wikipedia has an informative page on the flat iron that I found interesting. It has to be carefully butchered to ensure a tender piece of meat.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_iron_steak

Thanks. I'm always amazed when people get something they like on a cruise at dinner in the MDR and then just "live with it." If you don't like it, politely ask for it to be taken back and let the waiter know you would like to try something else. I've had some great flat iron and cheaper cuts of meat that had better taste than filet mignon. Frankly the latter is like Walleye in Minnesota. Much hyped and great texture but minimal on flavor. The "Bud Light" of fish or meat. I'd rather have a cheaper cut of meat with a great marinade or fattier cut like a bone in ribeye. The latter is my absolute favorite.