A Kids Point of View

CajunLiner

My name is Sarah, I am now 9 years old. When I first Cruised on Galaxy, I was 8. I have seen a lot of people ask about the kids program on Celebrity, so I wanted to tell you about it myself.

My name is Raymond. I am now 10 years old. When I first cruised on Galaxy, I was 9. I want to tell you about the kids program, too!

First of all, the counselors were very nice. Some of their names were Mackie (Raymond's favorite), Sarah (Sarah's favorite), Maurico, Macarena, Jennifer, Meagan, and others whose names we can't remember right now. They played games with us, really they did whatever we wanted them to do, and they were happy to do it!

There was a giant ball pit, video games, board games, TV, and a sports deck. There were also science classes every day. We learned about spiders, collecting dirt by using special chemicals, archeology, plants, sea animals, friction, and other things. We even learned how to talk like whales! We were never bored when we were at the Fun Factory.

We made great friends on board, too. We played with our new friends even when we were not in the Fun Factory. We would meet at the pool and hot tub area. But our favorite place to be was the Fun Factory.

The food on the ship was amazingly yummy! There were hot dogs (Sarah's favorite), ice cream (Raymond's favorite), pizza, french fries (even better than McDonalds), hamburgers, giant chocolate chip cookies, sorbet, and the food that our Mom and Dad made us eat when we were with them. We did not really want to eat dinner with our parents, especially the night they made us dress up (My suit made me itch says Raymond)! But our picture turned out really nice! Eating with the Fun Factory counselors and other kids was really fun. Maurico played Johnny Whoop with us every night!

We had a talent show which was fun. Raymond told jokes that made everybody laugh their heads off, and Sarah sang and danced with her new friend, Ruth Ann. We did other activities like pirate treasure hunt, played ping pong (this was tough to do on a ship), and basketball.

Each day there was a different theme. One day was gross out day (we learned about farting and barfing :o ), another day was alien day (we painted aliens on our faces, except Raymond who fell asleep in the ball pit!), another day was pirate day (when we did the pirate hunt).

We didn't really like to get off the ship (we cried every time our parents made us!). In Cozumel, we rented a Jeep and rode to a bunch of different beaches, like Paradise Beach. They had a climbing mountain and a trampoline in the water, canoes, and things to float in the water with. We had fun playing on the beach, too! In Costa Maya, we stayed on the ship (yea!). Sarah slept through the first trip through the Panama Canal (it was raining and she wouldn't go out!), but we went out for the second part. Sarah, our counselor, was out with us and she taught us about the Canal. The Panama port was kind of scary for us. People kept coming up to us wanting us to buy things from them. We finally went for a horse buggy ride through the city, and then kids chased our buggy! They wanted quarters! Costa Rica was fun! We went to the rain forest with a family from the Summit ship. We rode horses, made tortillas, swam in a rain forest pool (kind of gross :eek: because the bottom was muddy), and met a crazy monkey that attacked Sarah after she gave it a bananna. Jamaica was another beach day, but we did get to do rock climbing at the Jimmy Buffet Margaritaville. In Grand Cayman, Raymond slept most of the day on the little boat that took us to stingray city. But Sarah got in the water and snorkled and even touched a stingray. But when she saw a green eel :eek: in the water, she took off like a torpedo back to the boat! :D

We really had fun and were very sad to get off the ship. We can't wait to cruise again in October.

Sarah, Raymond

Great review! Thanks very much for writing it and I'm sure that a lot of people here will find it very useful to read from the point of view of youngsters themselves. We thought you must be having a good time as we never saw you around the ship and thought you were probably in the fun factory!:D Actually, your mum and dad told us where you were if we didn't see you with them;)

You obviously learned a lot whilst you were on board. Your mum and dad must have been thrilled you were told all about farting and barfing:D Not too much practicing please.

It won't be long until you are on Galaxy again. I know you waved to her in Galveston recently and were upset to see her sail off without you all, but it will be your turn soon and you'll have lots of fun crossing that big Ocean!:cool:

Take care.

Phil

Thank you, very much for the review from a child's point of view. I have one question, what is a Jonny Whoop. I'm a grandmother who is interested in bring her grandaughters who will be 6 and 10. They want to know how to play Johnny Whoop. Thank you from them in advance, they said I was to give their names Samantha (10) and Trinity (6).

Archived