Summit - Deck 9 - Concierge Class Question

sandthrush

We have a 2b cabin booked on the Summit for the Nov 15, 2004 cruise. We are thinking about upgrading to Concierge Class, but I am afraid that we will hear noise from the deck above. Any opinions would be welcome on either the noise factor, or if it is worth upgrading to concierge class.

[This message was edited by sandthrush on 04-28-04 at 09:39 PM.]

sandthrush, we had cabin 9106 on the summit and we did not hear any noise from the deck above us.Concierge class was wonderful.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise icon_smile.gif

Holland America-Maasdam 2002

Celebrity-Summit 2003

Princess-Golden 2003

Celebrity-Horizon 2004

We just returned from the Summit 10 night. We had cabin 9154. Occasionally heard walking up above but never at night, only during the day. Conc. class was very nice.

Azure Seas 1/92

Polynesia 1/93

SS Norway 5/95

Sun Princess 11/99

Grand Princess 10/01

SS Norway 4/02

Horizon 11/02

Summit 04/04

We were in 9040 and had no noise. Take a look at what's above you -- the spa was above us - so no noise.

Voyager of the Sea -- September 2001; Galaxy -- May 2002; Zuiderdam -- September 2003; Summit -- APRIL 2004; CAN'T WAIT -- SUMMIT OCTOBER 2004

We were in 9147 (inside room) and heard a bit of banging in the early morning hours (4-5am). I think we were right below the kitchen, but we got used to it. Mom had 9126 and occasionaly heard people walking upstairs, but only during the daytime. Hope this helps!

I can recommend 9038 and 9043. We'll be on Summit again next March and booked 9047 only because the other two were already taken. We had our names put on a waiting list for them.

Anyway, CC is wonderful. We had some light noise of chairs being rearranged in the morning but nothing else. When the door is closed you don't hear anything above. We were under the spa both times so I think that has a lot to do with it. Certainly well worth the extra $$$$

Dolphin - 1990

Horizon - 1994, 1995, 1995

Century - 1997, 2000, 2001

Galaxy - 1998

Zenith - 1992, 1999, 2002

Millennium - 2003

Summit 2004

Summit 2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2005;3;11;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Countdown to Summit 2005

We were in 9164 aft facing cabin (fantastic balcony, BTW) and didn't hear any noise that we considered annoying. Concierge class was worth it for us, we felt somewhat pampered by our excellent cabin attendant and we enjoyed having breakfast served on our huge balcony. The total package of the larger cabin (wheelchair accessible), large balcony, aft-facing view, and the service and amenities was well worth the $60 more PP we paid.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;7;8;15;0;00&timezone=GMT+0100

The World Ship - Europe July 2004

the hornsea potter:

Glad to hear you were not bothered by any noise. We will be in 9088 on Summit for a July cruise to Alaska and I've been hearing lots of pros and cons about the CC on level 9. Figured since weather won't be as hot in Alaska as in Carribbean, not many folks would be using the pool at 6 in the morning. I think the CC will be a nice treat!

We have had 9104 and 9102 soon to be 4X (2x each Infinity and Summit)....we didn't expect to really be wowed by CC however, some of the amenities grow on you icon_wink.gif (That darned TA and Celebrity did it to us - we were totally happy with a regular cabin - but then they had to upgrade us to CC just once and that's all it took to hook us!)

DH (who hates to wait in line for ANYTHING specifically would book CC for the priority boarding alone! We also enjoy the special in-cabin menu and enjoy eating breakfast on the veranda (something I never thought WE'D ever do - we're just not normally room service kinda folks!).

I, personally, love the pillow menu - wonderful down filled pillows and full length body pillows. It's just the little extras that make this a nice nich between a "regular" (yet wonderful!) cabin and the extra $$ associated with booking a suite. The other amenities (huge umbrella, binoculars, nicer robes, towels, showerhead, flowers, bottle of bubble upon arrival, afternoon snacks delivered to the cabin, personalized stationary, larger table on the veranda, chair pads on the veranda chairs and a really cool bag appears on the bed on the last day of the cruise - for toting all your goodies home, I guess) are all very nice - but I could live without - but still very, very nice touches!

Hope you enjoy what ever cabin you select.

Also: We have never noticed noises out of the ordinary in these two cabins in (soon) to be 4 cruises.....

Good luck - and happy cruising!

Pooh Bear

=^-.-^=

(AKA/Sharon and Will)

5-9summit2.gif

REMBRANDT - Med. 9/1998: and so it begins!

LEGEND OF THE SEA - Med. 5/1999

SPLENDOR OF THE SEA - Med. 5/2000

INFINITY - Hawaii 4/2001

MILLIE -Med. - 5/2002 (X No Go)

RHAPSODY OF THE SEA - Mardi Gras - 2/2002

INFINITY - Trans-Canal - 12/2002

SUMMIT - Alaska Repo Cruise - 5/2003

INFINITY - Trans-Canal - 12/2003

And next:

SUMMIT -Alaska/Pacific Coast Repo Cruise - 5/2004

We are Homeland Cruising now!

**No clock - too much trouble - but I'LL KNOW EXACTLY WHEN SUMMIT LEAVES FROM SAN DIEGO FOR THE 14-NIGHT PACIFIC/NW/ALASKA CRUISE**

(5/21/04!!)

PatC. I have 9043 on Millie, I think I made a good choice, why do you like these cabins? I managed to book it early on for two back to back cruises, am I right in saying balcony is bigger? Is there room for a lounger as well as table & chairs?

Holly,

Yes, you can ask him the day you board for a deck chair. My DH did and 5 minutes later our cabin steward was there. We had 9038 on Millie last year and had the same service. 9038 is directly across the passageway. We had 9043 on Summit. There is enough room on that balcony for the deck chair and the two chairs, large table and small "end" table they have. We loved it. We never eat out but did for breakfast all the time. The smaller table made is so much easier to lay things one. Hubby even slept out there a few times. Enjoy "my" cabin. We're still hoping against hope that someone cancels that cabin on our Summit trip in March. Keep your fingers crossed.

Dolphin - 1990

Horizon - 1994, 1995, 1995

Century - 1997, 2000, 2001

Galaxy - 1998

Zenith - 1992, 1999, 2002

Millennium - 2003

Summit 2004

Summit 2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2005;3;11;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Countdown to Summit 2005

Hello Sandthrush..We too will be on the Summit Nov. 15 and have booked I think 9072 or 9027 (papers at my office) Can't wait. Have u registered for Crise Critic party. The last time I checked there were 7 registered. Haven't checked lately. We will be in FLL a few days early because we will be coming fron a real estate convention in Orlando the week before. Our first time on Celebrity and really looking forward to this one.

Looking forward to Summit

Nov. 15, 2004

Conquest 3/23/2003

Conquest 11/2002

Holiday 5/2002

Destiny 4/2001

Independence (Hawaii) 11/2000

Hi jeanarch - Yep, we're signed up for the Cruise Critic party. As of today, there are 13 signed up.

Thank you all for your responses. We still can't decide if we should move to Conceirge Class or not, so I guess we'll stick with the 2B.

Only 12 more to go and we can have a party....

Looking forward to Summit

Nov. 15, 2004

Conquest 3/23/2003

Conquest 11/2002

Holiday 5/2002

Destiny 4/2001

Independence (Hawaii) 11/2000

We are just off Summit in 9120. Heard no noise. We loved the CC amenities but thought the towels were still a little rough. The balcony was comfortable but with the overhang you don't get any direct sun. Our balcony came equipped with a small table for 2; 2 chairs with comfy cushions; not lounge chairs (and they wouldn't have fit anyway).

I'm planning to go CC on our next cruise also.

Tracey

Star Princess - 1991

Ecstasy - 1996

Grand Princess - Feb. 2002

Infinity - May 2003

Summit - April 2004

Archived