Berkeley Cruise Care six weeks waiting :(

We were forced to cancel a cruise due to a death in the family in November. We always buy the cruise line insurance ( in hind sight never again though RCI). It has been over six weeks and the automated and actual personal keep telling me they are "processing the neccessary info to process our claim" to refund our money. They initially told us 5-10 business days. This is our first time having to use RCI/Berekeley. Can anyone tell me if this is normal?

We were forced to cancel a cruise due to a death in the family in November. We always buy the cruise line insurance ( in hind sight never again though RCI). It has been over six weeks and the automated and actual personal keep telling me they are "processing the neccessary info to process our claim" to refund our money. They initially told us 5-10 business days. This is our first time having to use RCI/Berekeley. Can anyone tell me if this is normal?

I used a different company, but it took more than 3 months.

Long story short, they took a few months to pay me back for medical cancellation on my dads reservation due to loopholes (preexisting conditions)- and they ended up giving me partial credit towards future cruise with one year expiration. They sent a credit letter i had to send in physical mail to them when i made the new reservation.

In Jan., 2009 after boarding the ship in Sao Paulo, Brazil we learned that my Mom had passed away. The cost of the airfare to get home was almost as much as the round trip, first class airfare. I filed the claim and had a check within 2 weeks. I couldn't have been more pleased. Without the insurance we wouldn't have been able to rebook the trip in March.

Archived