Printing the cruise docs and may have goofed.

Commieri

So, I went into the Princess Personlizer to fill out Passenger Immigration status etc and realized that my husband's electronic form is missing his suffix.. he is Joe Smith, III. And that is what is says on his passport but now it won't let me add a suffix to his name. I printed the PDF version which I can fill out so that name and suffix match his passport exactly but ofcourse, this made me nervous.

Oh, by the way... as much as I love cruising.. I do miss the days where you got the documents in the mail, all printed up and in a nice little folder with the line logo on it. For those of us who ain't 20 years old anymore, doing the forms and reading all the numbers off credit cards and passports etc is a big pain. So far, I've been at it for over an hour.

I guess I will call Princess afte the holiday to ask how to make the correction or perhaps they do it since there seems to be no EDIT function for the name/suffix section.

So, I went into the Princess Personlizer to fill out Passenger Immigration status etc and realized that my husband's electronic form is missing his suffix.. he is Joe Smith, III. And that is what is says on his passport but now it won't let me add a suffix to his name. I printed the PDF version which I can fill out so that name and suffix match his passport exactly but ofcourse, this made me nervous.

Oh, by the way... as much as I love cruising.. I do miss the days where you got the documents in the mail, all printed up and in a nice little folder with the line logo on it. For those of us who ain't 20 years old anymore, doing the forms and reading all the numbers off credit cards and passports etc is a big pain. So far, I've been at it for over an hour.

I guess I will call Princess afte the holiday to ask how to make the correction or perhaps they do it since there seems to be no EDIT function for the name/suffix section.

Are you sure that you can't just make the change/edit and reprint the stuff again.

yes..just checked...can't edit the Mr area....but not necessary I don't think. Passports don't have Mr either, just male/female

On our last cruise, the documents didn't show my DH's suffix of "Jr.", but it was not a problem boarding at all even though his passport shows "Jr".

That's only happened to us this one time, so I don't know if we just got lucky boarding or not.

As long as Princess has it correct, don't worry about reprinting the documents. All that matters is that the names on Princess' internal manifest match everyone's passports--immigration and customs could care less about how the name is spelled on your boarding pass.

Now if you were printing your air documents, that's quite another story....

Are you sure that you can't just make the change/edit and reprint the stuff again.

yes..just checked...can't edit the Mr area....but not necessary I don't think. Passports don't have Mr either, just male/female

Right, Chrysallis, it let you changed some stuff but not the name and since they emphasized name on immigration form must match passport, I got nervous. I will call Princess tomorrow and figure they can make the change on their end somehow.

thanks all..

Reminds me of a cruise we took last year (2010) and a snafu with the plane tickets. I couldn't enter my husbands MilagePlus number. When I called they told me I'd spelled his name wrong (transposed two letters) and they could fix it at the airport.

At the airport they were able to add the MP number, but told me to change the name back, they'd charge a change fee. Their recommendation? live with it. We did, and he got through security. (Fortunately the after cruise flight was a different ticket and correct.)

Fast forward to this morning. I'm booking plane tickets for our cruise next month, and as I'm about to purchase, this time with his number - it tells me the number doesn't match. Sure enough, I'd picked up the misspelled name from my browser history. Luckily, I hadn't actually purchased yet, so I was able to start over correctly. All that happened was husband whined that I didn't know who he was. (yes, he has a fantastic sense of humor).

I did however, delete the wrong name from the browser, and I'll never again book a ticket without entering both MP numbers.

Good luck on this - I'd guess it won't be a problem, but I understand your concern.

If you book thru a full service "bricks and mortar" travel agency, they might be willing to do the input for you, you have to take them the info though.

Before your next cruise, phone around and ask what services are provided.

Archived