Another smuggling Question..sorry..

Hi There, we are also from NE Ohio and taking RCCL Serenade on Jan 21. We have some boxed wine we would like to take onboard. Should we pull it out from the box and double secure it with ziploc's or keep it in the box and take a chance? Never cruised before. We are flying from CLE to San Juan, so we need to pack it in our suitcase. Your thoughts. Thank you so much!

Gordie has been on barely a year...

Actually it's only been since November 5th, 2011. I guess that's been barely a year.

He definity does not post to give or get information, just to complain.

Au contraire mon ami. I actually helped an older woman cross the street once. Oops sorry, that was on another board.

But not true, some people ask for opinions and like nasty habits, I have a few and share them.

Complaining?? Never, life is way too short. Ok, one complaint, smokersdrinkerssmugglers. Or is that three??

:p

Hi There, we are also from NE Ohio and taking RCCL Serenade on Jan 21. We have some boxed wine we would like to take onboard. Should we pull it out from the box and double secure it with ziploc's or keep it in the box and take a chance? Never cruised before. We are flying from CLE to San Juan, so we need to pack it in our suitcase. Your thoughts. Thank you so much!

Take it out of the box and put it in double ziplocks.

(From a non smuggler, non-wine drinker that doesn't care if other people do)

And...Welcome to Cruise Critic! :D:):D

Gordie, your argument about the cruise line losing money and causing higher prices for honest persons does not hold up in my case. I am a very light social drinker, at a 5 star land vacation, i am apt to imbib in perhaps 3 drinks a day. RCI actually loses money, I would love to buy a bottle at inflated prices to put in my stateroom, and at night before bed sit on the balcony and enjoy a rum and coke (at a cost of $2 from the minibar). With carnival this is a source of revenue as I purchase a bottle and consume cokes in my cabin. I will not smuggle booze as it is not worth the effort for a non drinker, but the convience factor of having a tot prior to bed is a convincing argument to BYOB. And I can further justify wine drinkers desire to have wine in their cabin. What I dont get is the passionate fanaticism or the extreame black and white views on what other passengers choose to do regarding alcohol. So in my case RCI has lost about 100 dollars in potential revenue. I love to cruise, but my biggest peeve is the nickle and diming, the constant selling of everything. What anyone does behind closed doors is not my business, nor do I care.

I appreciate being allowed to carry on some water or soda pop....

In addition, I don't want them wasting time ripping open my box of Mt Dew....

I am tired of being punished, or inconvenienced because of the acts of others.

Naive? Or just plain stupid?

Wait...it's against the rules to bring that box of Mt Dew onboard. Per http://www.royalcaribbean.com.au/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=260&faqSubjectId=333&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqType=faq

"Guests are not allowed to bring either alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages on board for consumption or any other use."

SURELY you're not admitting to smuggling contraband onto an RCI ship?

Gordie has been on barely a year and almost a third of his posts have been on this thread. The rest has been complaining on other threads. He definity does not post to give or get information, just to complain.

And, of course, where would we be had he not graced us with his superior intelligence and exceptional genetics?! :p

A concept some can't quite grasp.

Some just don't have the intelligence

to figure out the difference between

right and wrong. Can't fault most

for that. Genetics?

I love to cruise, but my biggest peeve is the nickle and diming, the constant selling of everything.

I know!! I'll bet those cruise ships will begin charging for blankets, pillows and even snacks soon. Just wait until they start charging to use one of those specialty restaurants.

When will the madness end??

Archived