Another smuggling Question..sorry..

Love these booze threads and all the goody two shoes who respond. To the OP take the wine bladder out of the box and put it in your checked luggage. Make sure there are no sharp points nearby that would pierce the bladder and your chances of getting it though are excellent. It is the same as using Rum Runners (google it) which work quite well.

a voice of experience :)

Now that I've learned how to smuggle booze onto cruise ship, what about in cabin refreshments on an airline? Also, where can I find info on how to smuggle hot dogs, peanuts, and beer into a baseball stadium, or popcorn, candy, and watered down sodas into a movie theater?

I have put a 5 ltr box of wine in my checked luggage in the bottom (as not not crush clothes) and it has always made it through - 18 cruises, Med., Alaska, Caribbean and mostly with RCCL and a few with NCL, Carnival and Celebrity. Worse scenario, they take it off you! Good luck!

Now, I'm definitely not encouraging this, but...

Traveling with a box of wine is going to be pretty obvious. If you really want to smuggle, be more creative. I've heard that mouthwash bottles work well because mouthwash contains alcohol. I've also heard about people using shampoo bottles.

Don't put all of your eggs in one basket. If you put a little bit in each bag in separate containers, then you're more likely to get some onboard. It's also going to be less of a red flag.

Warning: if they catch you smuggling, they will search your stateroom. Some guys we met on our past cruise were caught smuggling alcohol on the ship from port, and their room was searched and all alcohol was confiscated.

I have never heard of such a thing. On our last cruise my husband was called to the naughty room & asked to remove his bottle of wine which he did. They said nothing about his 2 large plastic flasks which he left in :O)

They are like rum runners but much cheaper. You can get them at most beverage stores.

They never 'searched' our room.

There is no need to do the old 'mouthwash' routine anymore because the rum runners work so good.

The wine was an honest mistake as some cruiselines actually allow you to bring in a bottle for your room or dinner where they charge you a corkage fee.

We would have brought a box one instead if we had known that.

I think it is really hit/miss whether you are caught or not. We just got back from 5 night Jewel of the Sea. Three families. All got on with all our booze - not prob!!

Only thing that got held up was our case of water - which was delivered to our room the next morning.

We all used "Rum Runners" but one family actually packed a bottle of scotch and it got through.

My opinion is - take what you don't mind losing! If it gets taken - ok

If it get through - wahoo

I would probably look so guilty I would probably give myself away.

But, I guess sometimes it is more of the challenge, than the actual amount smuggled on board.

However, this thread is very entertaining.

Safe travels.

I have not smuggled on anything. But I have been thoroughly inspected for my Wrinkle Release and bottles of water. They open and smelled the Wrinkle Release and the water bottles they shook to make sure they weren't changed out. I guess water reacts differently then vodka. I have seen them take beer and other alcohol from people's carry ons. Don't take too much. I wouldn't expect it to make it. My only experience is in Ft. Lauderdale.

We just enjoy having wine in our stateroom;)

You are permitted to buy wine on board and have it in your stateroom so there's no need to break the rules. people who do these kinds of things ruin it for the rest us. it's like sharing a coke card with the whole family. More and more privileges get restricted when 'entitled' people feel the rules aren't for them.

Now that I've learned how to smuggle booze onto cruise ship, what about in cabin refreshments on an airline? Also, where can I find info on how to smuggle hot dogs, peanuts, and beer into a baseball stadium, or popcorn, candy, and watered down sodas into a movie theater?

cabin refreshments on an airline: TSA will allow you to buy those mini bottles from the liquor store and carry them on. I do it all the time.

smuggle hot dogs, peanuts, and beer into a baseball stadium: hot dogs & peanuts easy enough, just put them in a small lunch box. Security will let you in even after they have inspected it. As for beer, google 'beer belly' and you will have no problem.

popcorn, candy, and watered down sodas into a movie theater: Super easy one here folks. Just carry a large handbag and fill to your content. Theatres never check handbags.:D

:D

P1010991.jpg

P1010992.jpg

Its not so much about being cheap actually...the coke is from the mini-bar in the cabin. Just so much easier to sit on the balcony and mix drinks at your leisure than to run down the hallway, up or down a bunch of stairs, and down another hall to get to a bar, possibly wait in line, and then all the way back, trying not to spill a drink.

:D

P1010991.jpg

P1010992.jpg

Its not so much about being cheap actually...the coke is from the mini-bar in the cabin. Just so much easier to sit on the balcony and mix drinks at your leisure than to run down the hallway, up or down a bunch of stairs, and down another hall to get to a bar, possibly wait in line, and then all the way back, trying not to spill a drink.

See maryscooking??! Now YOU understand.....!:cool:

cabin refreshments on an airline: TSA will allow you to buy those mini bottles from the liquor store and carry them on. I do it all the time.

smuggle hot dogs, peanuts, and beer into a baseball stadium: hot dogs & peanuts easy enough, just put them in a small lunch box. Security will let you in even after they have inspected it. As for beer, google 'beer belly' and you will have no problem.

popcorn, candy, and watered down sodas into a movie theater: Super easy one here folks. Just carry a large handbag and fill to your content. Theatres never check handbags.:D

Cruisemama1.........thanks........but just an FYI, I don't carry a handbag so when I go to the show I have to "smuggle" my mini booze bottles in my cleavage :eek:

You are permitted to buy wine on board and have it in your stateroom so there's no need to break the rules.

Unless you don't drink wine (except with meal). One of our most pleasurable "activities" onboard is to have a brandy nightcap (or two) on our balcony after dressing (or undressing mostly) for bed, sitting and watching the stars or clouds and listening to the waves and then walking (or rolling) back in to cabin and into bed. Great way to end the day. Room service is too slow and unreliable - especially if we want a second one. Short of bringing our own only other option is to bring an empty flask and order multiples from a bar and pour them in for drinking later.

If they would change rules to allow just one bottle of liquor purchased onboard to be taken to cabin a large part of the smuggling (convenience based cases, not cost based) would go away.

It's not about the cost... it's all about the convenience of enjoying a cocktail on our balcony when we want, without having to call room service and then wait for them to deliver it.

I wish they'd let us buy liquor on board for use in our cabin, but they don't.

So... Rum Runner Flasks it is! We don't leave home without 'em!

It's not about the cost... it's all about the convenience of enjoying a cocktail on our balcony when we want, without having to call room service and then wait for them to deliver it.

"It's not about the cost... it's all about..." disobeying set rules.

"I wish they'd let us buy liquor on board for use in our cabin, but they don't.

So..." I'll disobey set rules.

Do you really want to be tossed off the ship or denied boarding? Really? C'mon...

Fyi, RCCL's alcohol policy:

<< Q: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard?

A: Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic or non-alcoholic*beverages*onboard for consumption or any other use...

...Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. >>

As mentioned in a previuos post - cheap AND a cheat. C'mon.

"It's not about the cost... it's all about..." disobeying set rules.

"I wish they'd let us buy liquor on board for use in our cabin, but they don't.

So..." I'll disobey set rules.

Do you really want to be tossed off the ship or denied boarding? Really? C'mon...

You don't really think they would toss anyone off ir deny boarding do you?

It ain't gonna happen.

'like'

Do you really want to be tossed off the ship or denied boarding?

Never been a case of this. Many, many threads (I've been reading them for 10 years - check join date) and I have never seen a report of anyone ever being denied boarding for smuggling. Even with many threads specifically asking this question. Seems if it had ever happened it would have been reported and re-quoted endlessly by the absolutists.

There WAS one case where someone was smuggling in a carry-on and got caught at boarding X-ray and got irrate and punched out the security person. THEY were denied boarding - but not for smuggling. Seems punching security people is more of a violation of "the rules". :rolleyes:

Archived