Norwegian Dawn Photo Review: A Caribbean Christmas

APDMOM

Brimstone Hill Fortress:

DSC_0187.jpg

It is a fairly steep climb from where we parked, for those who wonder what a "level 2" difficulty means on NCL excursions.

DSC_0214.jpg

The Infirmary and Graveyard:

DSC_0184.jpg

En route:

IMG_0782.jpg

Some of the residents cook on the side of the road for a living - if you want to try something local....

DSC_0222.jpg

A windy day, it was!

DSC_0154.jpg

ok im on it!!!! lol most of the rollcall are new to ncl but a couple have sailed ncl befor, im not sure if I should be the one to organise it but I am certainly the most regular poster on there so why not :o what else do you get with vip status?

Go for it, nikimouse :D We got an 'almost' daily treat (chocolate covered strawberries, truffles, a bottle of wine one day, etc). You get to eat breakfast and lunch in Cagneys if you want to. You get priority boarding and priority VIP tendering. You can use the concierge. You get to meet Kat (the group events coordinator on Dawn) who is VERY nice and had name tags ready for our meet and greet.

As far as what I did: I kept up with the roll call and the meet and greet roll. I created a personal e-mail (through live.com) just for CC members to e-mail me if they are committed to attending the meet and greet, as well as their cabin numbers. I then made photo invitations as a reminder for the meet and greet. After you e-mail Miami, they will let you know when and where the meet and greet will be (usually 10:30 a.m. first sea day, in the Star Bar). The first night on the ship, my son had a lot of fun walking with me and placing invitations on the 'mail drop' by the door of each CC member's cabin.

Enjoy!

what was your favourite island on this itinerary? I agree you should do a tour in Dominica its different to other islands

It is so hard to choose a favorite, but I would say St. Maarten was probably the one I enjoyed the most. We did not get off the ship in Samana this time. The weather was not the best for a beach day. I will go back to any of these islands in a heartbeat, but next time I will do an excursion in Dominica and in Antigua. Enjoy planning!:)

thanks! was that your first ncl cruise? good on you for taking the initiative, I think I will too!

was it carnival in st kitts whilst you were there?

LOL! I feel like we are texting back and forth here :D

It was our second NCL cruise, but it does not matter who initiates the meet and greet. It is just important to have one person do so. I like organizing and keeping up with the roll call, but if I had known about the VIP thing I would have gladly given that part to another on our roll call.

Yes, it was carnival in St. Kitts. We did not experience it due to our hours there and the excursion...

Thanks, Lizane, for this great review. I loved your pictures! Seems like we were on some of the same tours, but maybe in different vans. Loved you tips. I, too, wish I knew about some of them before, particularly the information about each port being in the Atrium. On previous cruises there was typically some information about the ports on the shopping information delivered with the Daily, but not this time.

Also thanks for organizing the group. I kept that picture invite.

What great pictures!!!! We are leaving Feb. 5th and this gets me so excited. have been everywhere but Semana, so if weather is good will take tender to beach there. We have fav beaches in Antiqua and St. Martin. We are the beachers indeed!!! Not sure what we want to do in St. Kitts. We go to Tortola, so I think Cane Garden Bay would be nice and you get a tour since it so far to get to:). We are doing a 5 day before this one so hope to mostly stay on ship and relax...ahhh! I hear entertainment is pretty good on the Dawn.

Thanks, Lizane, for this great review. I loved your pictures! Seems like we were on some of the same tours, but maybe in different vans. Loved you tips. I, too, wish I knew about some of them before, particularly the information about each port being in the Atrium. On previous cruises there was typically some information about the ports on the shopping information delivered with the Daily, but not this time.

Also thanks for organizing the group. I kept that picture invite.

You are welcome, Valerie. I had so much fun going through the pictures to see which ones to post... I feel like I have been on another trip. Except, I had to do the Big Clean of our house today since I go back to work tomorrow :rolleyes: Oh, well! It is all worth it when I start the countdown to our next cruise adventure!

We did different excursions on the same cruise, but I made note of yours for future reference!

If I hadn't done so already, we want to sincerely thank you for all your help with our Meet N Greet. What a wonderful group!

Barbara & Tom

We did different excursions on the same cruise, but I made note of yours for future reference!

If I hadn't done so already, we want to sincerely thank you for all your help with our Meet N Greet. What a wonderful group!

Barbara & Tom

Glad you enjoyed the review, Barbara. It is so much fun to see my fellow CC roll call members respond here... I can put a face and personality with the response. It truly was a wonderful group! I had a lot of fun too. Maybe we will see you again on a future cruise, since you are close to the ports too!

Oh, when we go back to Samana, I'm doing the tour you did. From the photos and your review I can tell you had a lot of fun!

LOL! I feel like we are texting back and forth here :D

It was our second NCL cruise, but it does not matter who initiates the meet and greet. It is just important to have one person do so. I like organizing and keeping up with the roll call, but if I had known about the VIP thing I would have gladly given that part to another on our roll call.

Yes, it was carnival in St. Kitts. We did not experience it due to our hours there and the excursion...

Just to let you know the VIP thing does not happen every time you do the meet and greet. It varies based on the ship and it is at the discression of the officers on that particular sailing.

[quote name='nikimouse']ok im on it!!!! lol most of the rollcall are new to ncl but a couple have sailed ncl befor, im not sure if I should be the one to organise it but I am certainly the most regular poster on there so why not :o what else do you get with vip status?[/quote]

Typically the person who starts the roll call organizes the Meet and Greet, unless they don't want to, or they fall off the roll call before it gets to be that time.

Archived