Breakaway Cabin Speculation?

SilentHill

Higher, aft balconies on the Epic get noise from Spice H20 on the pool deck. I have not look enough into the Gateway layout to see if that's likely to be an issue back there

Spice is one deck higher on breakaway, deck 16, rather than 15. The Garden Cafe is directly underneath Spice H2O.

The aft cabins on Deck 14, I think will have more issue with noise from the galley of the Garden Cafe early in the morning. Maybe light sleepers will hear the music from two decks above....

I know trying to figure out the best decks and cabin locations on a ship not built yet isn't easy but would anyone who has booked on the Breakaway already care to share your thought process with deck and cabin selection? I have never cruised on NCL and I'm trying to best select a deck and balcony cabin where I won't regret the location once onboard.

I'm currently holding a reservation in June in a mid-ship balcony cabin - 13216. It appears there are rooms above and below and I believe the view would be unobstructed. Just not sure if being on a higher deck would mean it may feel a bit more "tipsy" if someone is prone to mild seasickness.

Also, someone at NCL said the Breakaway would dock Starboard side all the time. If that is true, would that be facing east or west when in port? I've never been there so not sure how the ships line up. Appreciate any thoughts/suggestions to an NCL newbie.

I know trying to figure out the best decks and cabin locations on a ship not built yet isn't easy but would anyone who has booked on the Breakaway already care to share your thought process with deck and cabin selection? I have never cruised on NCL and I'm trying to best select a deck and balcony cabin where I won't regret the location once onboard.

I'm currently holding a reservation in June in a mid-ship balcony cabin - 13216. It appears there are rooms above and below and I believe the view would be unobstructed. Just not sure if being on a higher deck would mean it may feel a bit more "tipsy" if someone is prone to mild seasickness.

Also, someone at NCL said the Breakaway would dock Starboard side all the time. If that is true, would that be facing east or west when in port? I've never been there so not sure how the ships line up. Appreciate any thoughts/suggestions to an NCL newbie.

If the dock is starboard side in New York City, the starboard side is facing south.

If the Breakaway is going to be "parked" starboard all the time, then either :

1) all the lifeboats are on the port side OR

2) each itinerary will have a tender port OR

3) somewhere in the middle of a sea day, they are going to lower the starboard tenders to make sure they work.

If the Breakaway is going to be "parked" starboard all the time, then either :

1) all the lifeboats are on the port side OR

2) each itinerary will have a tender port OR

3) somewhere in the middle of a sea day, they are going to lower the starboard tenders to make sure they work.

OR, the person I spoke to at NCL was wrong and they'll alternate port/starboard as the Dawn has done this summer.

I have breakaway booked 2x.

1. bermuda in May - aft B1 deck 14

2. bahamas/florida in December - spa on deck 14

here's a GREAT picture of her aft at shipbuilder. Start counting decks against deck plans, you'll see 14 is all the way up. I'm thinking its a good deck, but the back of the ships slopes, so you will no longer have the feeling of 'floating on water' when watching the wake from the back, as on older NCL ships.

Norwegian-Breakaway_smaller.jpg

I have breakaway booked 2x.

1. bermuda in May - aft B1 deck 14

2. bahamas/florida in December - spa on deck 14

here's a GREAT picture of her aft at shipbuilder. Start counting decks against deck plans, you'll see 14 is all the way up. I'm thinking its a good deck, but the back of the ships slopes, so you will no longer have the feeling of 'floating on water' when watching the wake from the back, as on older NCL ships.

Norwegian-Breakaway_smaller.jpg

The only down side to 14 is you are right under the Garden Cafe so expect some noise from above. That is the only reason I went with 13. The upside with the sloped balconies nobody is looking down into yours.

The only down side to 14 is you are right under the Garden Cafe so expect some noise from above. That is the only reason I went with 13. The upside with the sloped balconies nobody is looking down into yours.

Not true about the noise. We stayed on Highest aft deck balconies in other Ncl and royal Caribbean ships many times and never had any noise from above. Topdeck is always preferred in my view, no one is looking into your balcony especially since the back of breakaway slopes. And you're just one deck down from Garden Café and pools, so it's easy to walk down instead of taking elevators.

Not true about the noise. We stayed on Highest aft deck balconies in other Ncl and royal Caribbean ships many times and never had any noise from above. Topdeck is always preferred in my view, no one is looking into your balcony especially since the back of breakaway slopes. And you're just one deck down from Garden Café and pools, so it's easy to walk down instead of taking elevators.

True or not true nobody knows until the Breakaway sails. I too have stayed on the top deck on almost every NCL ship. Star & Dawn never an issue exept the pool pump with the spa above. Sky Sun Jewel Jade Pearl Gem you will hear them moving tables from time to time. Not a big deal but it does seem to bother some passengers. Lots of reports from the Epic on the noise from Spice. I can walk an extra flight and be sure I have no issues. :)

This website is very helpful for choosing cabins. On the deck plan page, you can drag one deck on top of another, so you can see exactly what is above and below you. You don't need to be a member to use the deckplan dragging feature...see link below:

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/decks.php?ship=Norwegian+Breakaway

We were booking a mid-ship mini and deciding between deck 13 and 14, first thought was 14 and not being right outside the kids club. So we booked deck 14. Then I thought about it and thought, being right under the pool deck may not be a good idea so I moved to deck 13, just tried to keep it mid-ship but as far away from the kids club as I could. No idea if my speculations are good or bad but that was my thought process :). I guess I'll know a little more once the first few have sailed and people can tell me.

Regardless, looks like a beautiful ship so anywhere on it, I'll be happy with :)

Archived