2 days in Bora Bora......Wing it for the second day?

staylor

We will be in Bora Bora for 2 days on our cruise. We were planning to go to Matira beach and Bloody Mary's on the first day. I was thinking about checking out what tours are offered at the port when we are at the port on Day 1 to see if there is something really interesting to book for Day 2. Is this risky? Are their PLENTY of options? Would I be crazy not to book something in advance? :confused:

Staylor,

Are you on the PG? If so, you dont really need to book anything as you will have the BB Motu to enjoy in any case and believe me its worth a visit or two.

If you are on a larger ship it could go either way. The islands do not have much infrastructure so you may be without an option. There are a few people who sell tours/snorkelling by the dock so on Day 1 you could make a deal with someone for the next day.

Bora Bora is one of those islands where both the land and sea tours are worthwhile so do take a 4x4 tour to the top and enjoy some gorgeous views.

I have seen Matira Beach our first time we were in FP and its quite unimpressive compared to the motus.

PS We are on the Ocean Princess. Some in our roll call are doing Partick's tour but we are booked on Marc's tour an Huahine and are thinking it might be too much of the same. Still open to all options and advice.

Thank you, everyone. :)

Marc has shark feeding which is a lot of fun. Also a drift snorkel. I havent been on Patrick's simply because we enjoy the BB Motu so no need. But since Princess wont have any motus for its guests you should consider both Marc and Patrick. Do the 4x4 one day in BB and then Patricks another day. The Motus in FP are the most beautiful places - sometimes exclusive peaceful and unpeopled ( thats the way I like it).

In Huahine ask Marc to give you the combined 4x4 plus water tour.

• 2 weeks later...

Do Patrick's full day tour the first day in Bora Bora - from a 4x4 in the morning up the mountains to a fabulous lunch on the motu and then snorkelling with the sharks and stingrays - one of the best days of my life -! Then the second day we went jet skiing in the morning and then to Bloody mary's and then to Matira beach for a relaxing beach time before heading back to the ship

Archived