New to cruising - Travelling Mariner of the seas 5th June 2005

mutleychip

Hi everyone.

I am from England and planning our first cruise. We are spending 7 days on the Mariner of The Seas departing Port Canaveral 5th June 2005.

I am travelling with my husband, his parents and our two boys aged 6 and 9.

Any tips would be greatfully appreciated.

Thanks

Hi, mutleychip and Welcome Aboard. My only tip/question at this time is are you arriving at Port Canaveral a day early? That is the #1 item for a stressfree holiday, IMO. Travel delays can really put the stress level off the meter. ENJOY!

Have a wonderful time. Try new things. Take opinions with a grain of salt. Be friendly and say "hello" and people will talk to you and you will make friends. Not everyone, of course, but many people. Take your children to the kids club and they will have a ball. I love cruising and cannot wait to introduce the boys to it now that 50% are old enough to enjoy it.

You will love the Mariner of the Seas. There is something for everyone to do. My DH and I have sailed on her twice and we are going again 5-15. Be sure to go to the parades on the promenade the first and last night. Go a little early and get a seat at the Promenade Cafe. The ice show is a Must. Also, your children will love the Peek-a-boo bridge. They can watch the captain and his staff at the controls. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

My husband and I cruised on the Mariner (1st cruise) in last March for our 30th wedding anniversary. It was great! Beautiful ship, great service, friendly people. We did NOT arrive in Port Canaveral till the day of departure, and everything went fine, but think I'd come the day before if we did it again, just to be safe. If you go to Grand Cayman, go see the stingrays at Stingray City... it's awesome! If you don't have a balcony cabin, I'd suggest you consider upgrading. It's definitely worth the extra money. One thing I didn't bring, and missed having, was a travel alarm clock. The only clock in our cabin was a little digital one on the telephone display. Sorry these are such random thoughts, but hope they help! Relax and have a wonderful time!

Archived