Just back from the Summit - warning!!! watch re the Aqua spa

uktog

Just back from a really good trip on the Summit. A few glitches but apart from the Aquaspa issue, nothing that would ever stop me returning to X.

I had booked and oauid for a spa package before travelling and was assured appointments would be made for me for Day 3 (an at sea day). Anyway after eventaully getting on board - embarkation was awful; as suite passengers we were sent upstairs to what was the Wheelchair group, but as all the wheelchair groups seapasses were downstairs chaos ensued - arrived on board, no champagne, no welcome nothing, however ce la vie.

Anyway, up to the suite, no spa booking details, eventually discover, due to a computer error, none had been made. So (SOB SOB) have to miss the Cruise critics party to fit an appointment in so I never met any ccers as I did not know what you looked like, but I may have hogged a lounger or slugged a martini beside you!!

Anyway, my real spa warning, on the last evening, I ask for a copy bill and I see that 3 of the treatments I prepaid for had been charged again, however, Guest Relations could not resolve the issue as the spa is on a separate PC system and no one was available last day until after we were off the ship. I now discover having got home it has not been resolved and the higher amount has been debited to my credit card - an error of over $220

So please be careful to check your bills if you prebook spa pacakages. And IMHO the quality of the treatments was not nearly as good as before and the focus seems to be on even more on selling than actually what your skin needs. One therapist in particular was way of the mark re my skin but she was convinced a mere $500 course of capsuls would solve it!!!!!

But in context I would again say a great cruise - probably 8.5/10 if it was getting a score

for a chargeback of the Spa charges you prepaid vs what you were charged which was higher, so that gets charged back.

Just back from a really good trip on the Summit. A few glitches but apart from the Aquaspa issue, nothing that would ever stop me returning to X.

I had booked and oauid for a spa package before travelling and was assured appointments would be made for me for Day 3 (an at sea day). Anyway after eventaully getting on board - embarkation was awful; as suite passengers we were sent upstairs to what was the Wheelchair group, but as all the wheelchair groups seapasses were downstairs chaos ensued - arrived on board, no champagne, no welcome nothing, however ce la vie.

Anyway, up to the suite, no spa booking details, eventually discover, due to a computer error, none had been made. So (SOB SOB) have to miss the Cruise critics party to fit an appointment in so I never met any ccers as I did not know what you looked like, but I may have hogged a lounger or slugged a martini beside you!!

Anyway, my real spa warning, on the last evening, I ask for a copy bill and I see that 3 of the treatments I prepaid for had been charged again, however, Guest Relations could not resolve the issue as the spa is on a separate PC system and no one was available last day until after we were off the ship. I now discover having got home it has not been resolved and the higher amount has been debited to my credit card - an error of over $220

So please be careful to check your bills if you prebook spa pacakages. And IMHO the quality of the treatments was not nearly as good as before and the focus seems to be on even more on selling than actually what your skin needs. One therapist in particular was way of the mark re my skin but she was convinced a mere $500 course of capsuls would solve it!!!!!

But in context I would again say a great cruise - probably 8.5/10 if it was getting a score

I once booked a spa treatment on the Millennium for later in the week. The day of my spa treatment it was announced that they were having a port day special. However, they would not give me that price because I had booked it before that special was announced. As a result I never book a spa treatment for a port day until the last minute.

for a chargeback of the Spa charges you prepaid vs what you were charged which was higher, so that gets charged back.

Have spoken to them ,but this is a little more tricky as I am UK based and the rules are slightly different. I am hoping X will save us the hassle - once they sort it out, think I will ask them to convert the balance into onboard credit for our Autumn trip.

I will not use the Spa again except for nail repolishes - minimum sales opportunites there and never any reduced prices:)

The Spa is nothing more than a rip off, they will agressively push products no matter what you have gone for, it is no use telling them you do not want a sales pitch, they just do it anyway. The prices are excessive,and as far as having one's hair washed and set, everyone comes out looking alike, as they only know how to "blow dry" into one style.

Even though the bill has 15% added to it for "service" the girls still ask for "gratuities:

I have nothing but good things to say about our treatments. My wife and I booked three massages, or other treatments in her case, immediatly on boarding. We asked, and were informed of, specials offered for different packages and times.

We told our massage therapsts that we were not interested in buying any products this year and they didn't try to sell us any.

We really enjoyed our spa visits on our Summit sailing!

Archived