Where to store luggage in Miami/Fort Lauderdale after a cruise

DDEMOM

I am considering booking the Eclipse which sails out of Miami. I may have an evening flight home from Fort Lauderdale. Does anyone know of anyplace to store our luggqage after the cruise during the day until our flight?

When we've been in this situation in Ft. Lauderdale we've arrainged a rental car with Budget, or another car agency that has a shuttle service to the port, so we can carry us and our luggage around town for the day while we shop and lunch and then drop the car off at the airport before our flight.

Never tried this at Miami so I don't know if the rental agencies pick up there or not.

We just got off a cruise in Miami and flew home out of Ft. Lauderdale at 6:15pm. We rented a car from Alamo(free pickup from cruise ship to MIA) and then loaded our luggage in the car and spent the day in Ft. Lauderdale and returned the car to the airport in FLL. It only cost us $30 to rent the car for the day and then we were able to do what we wanted and weren't tied down to a tour.

We're sort of in the same boat. Cruising out of Pt Everglades and flying out of FLL as well (Feb '12). I found that the airport has baggage storage services in all the terminals. The website for the airport has info and a phone number. They have limited hours and the charge was $8 per bag. We opted for a rental car for the day instead.

This is what I found on the FLL website:

Public Baggage Storage is available in Terminals 1, 2, 3, and 4. Enjoy exploring the airport or surrounding communities without the impediment of having to take your luggage with you.

Hours vary by location and season. The location in Terminal 2 is open seven days a week from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. For more information, call 954-359-5505.

Doesn't Celebrity do one of those deals where you can pay $10-15 and the luggage is automatically transferred? We've done it with Princess, and it's smooth. You get your luggage tags on board then pick it up on the turntable at home. I'd swear I read that Celebrity does that too.

Archived