Staterooms - Hey experts - what's the deal with pricing?

HI all - I haven't cruised in years so I apologize if this question has been answered previously....I'm planning a cruise for my parents and some family members (4 rooms total). We have made the initial deposit.

Does it make sense for us to keep calling back Royal Caribbean each week to see if the price drops? Does this ever happen, or is this a waste of time?

(For example, the day before we booked the cruise, we found the price to be lower and they were offering a $50 credit. When we called back the next day to book it, the credit was not available and the room price jumped up.)

Thank in advance for your thoughts.

HI all - I haven't cruised in years so I apologize if this question has been answered previously....I'm planning a cruise for my parents and some family members (4 rooms total). We have made the initial deposit.

Does it make sense for us to keep calling back Royal Caribbean each week to see if the price drops? Does this ever happen, or is this a waste of time?

(For example, the day before we booked the cruise, we found the price to be lower and they were offering a $50 credit. When we called back the next day to book it, the credit was not available and the room price jumped up.)

Thank in advance for your thoughts.

Just do a "dummy" booking a couple times a day on RCI's website or whenever you get a chance to check. No reason to call them at all to check for price drops as you can do it yourself.

Make sure while you are doing the dummy booking, to put in your state of residency and any other things that might apply like senior, military etc

If you find the price drop then all you have to do is call them and ask them to apply to your current reservation. You can get price drops up until final payment date. After that, you can only upgrade if applicable.

If you went through a TA, they will have to call RCI for you to get the price drop.

A lot of times the will throw in things like prepaid gratuities, onboard credit, spa treatments, & free dining in the pay restaurants.

WE GOT ALL THAT ON OUR OASIS CRUISE LAST SUMMER !

But, will some of those internet TAs honor price reductions up until final payment even with giving you all types of incentives to book with them?

But, will some of those internet TAs honor price reductions up until final payment even with giving you all types of incentives to book with them?

Many still do but will adjust the OBC or incentives if they give price drops. They give the extras based on the final price paid so they may take something away or give a lesser value if the price drops.

Thanks for all your advice! Well, for us at least, we are currently getting NO incentives...RC had originally offered a $50 on-board credit per cabin when we first called, but when we called back the next day to book, they told us it was only available the previous day. (My parents are in their 70's, we have BJs and AAA cards, but RC said they could not offer us anything extra)....So I guess if we get lucky and the price drops a bit, we will be happy with whatever we end up with....

there is a website that will monitor your ship for you and for $5 they will text you immediately when there is a price drop.. cannot mention websites but search around and you will find it.. think cruise think fish.

Archived