First time on Thomson Dream - Cabin advice

My husband has booked for us to go on the Dream around the Caribbean in December 2012. This will be our 1st cruise ever.

The price currently includes an inside cabin on deck 4/5. My options are to either book a specific cabin for £39.00 on deck 5 or upgrade to deck 6/7 (again inside cabin) and book a cabin on either of those decks. However, never having cruised before I am not sure where it would be best to be located e.g. lower/higher deck and front, mid or rear of the ship

Any advice would be much appreciated

My husband has booked for us to go on the Dream around the Caribbean in December 2012. This will be our 1st cruise ever.

The price currently includes an inside cabin on deck 4/5. My options are to either book a specific cabin for £39.00 on deck 5 or upgrade to deck 6/7 (again inside cabin) and book a cabin on either of those decks. However, never having cruised before I am not sure where it would be best to be located e.g. lower/higher deck and front, mid or rear of the ship

Any advice would be much appreciated

midship is always good not sure abough lower or higher but the higher you are the less decks you have go up to get to the lounges .

Mid-ships, lower decks are best for least movement if you are concerned about that. If you are going to pay for a specific cabin I would suggest Deck 5 rather than Deck 4. It's a valid point about getting up to the lounges etc which are on Deck 8 - and the lifts on Dream are a bit of an issue - they are slow and a bit unpredictable!!! However, you are handy for the main dining room - just drop down a deck and often the gangway is on Deck 4 for getting on/off the ship too.

We've been on Decks 5 and 6 and frankly there was no difference in the cabins - once inside you wouldn't know where you were so unless you have a specific reason to up-grade to a higher deck then I'd put the saving towards your bar-bill or excursions! :D

Welcome to the forum - there's lots of good info on here and if you read reviews of those who have 'done' your itinerary this year, you'll pick up some good tips. Hope you enjoy your first cruise. :)

We were on 7097 inside. It was 3 cabins down from lifts and stairs didnt hear any noise, it was midship. Cabin was roomy and comfortable and handy for the sunbathing area at the rear of deck 7 and close enough to the stairs to nip down and use the loo when the queue for the ladies outside the theatre was really long as it always was. You will enjoy it!!

Many thanks to those who replied. I am going to try and book a cabin this week and go for something midship as advised. Will see what is available on deck 7 and work my way down. Once again Thank you

Archived