Is a Mini-Suite worth it?

Aquahound

I know it's up to the individual to decide what's worth what, but here's my quandry. I'm booked in a Mini-Suite on Dawn for the end of this year. The cost was $859 pp. Now, with the free upgrade program, I can book a Oceanview for $509 per person and get a free upgrade to a standard balcony.

It may seem an obvious choice, but I ask because I do not mind paying for the room I want. However, is a Mini-Suite really worth paying $700 more than a balcony? I also ask this not really knowing what perks come with a Mini-Suite and I currently have $270 OBC, which will likely go down some with a room change. What would you do?

Personally, I don't believe a Mini-suite is worth the difference from a balcony room. The square footage is about the same, the only difference may be the bathroom layout. I would spend the $100 and joint the SPA for the week and shower, shave, take a steam bath, etc everyday.

I usually book a full suite because I want the added amenities that come with the suite on NCL. I just booked a full suite on Princess and I would not do that again because the service was terrible and the amenitites minimal.

To me, a Mini-suite is just a balcony room.

I went back and looked at how the website words it (on my particular cruise). The exact wording is "Get a balcony for the price of an Oceanview." The way it's worded, it's easy to initially think it's an upgrade, as I did. :o However, in second thought, it sounds like it technically doesn't mean upgrade....just that balconies are available at the price of some category of Oceanview.

Funny. I just got done reading another thread, complaining about this supposed free upgrade promotion. If it makes you feel any better, you're not the first to get all excited and then let down by NCL. It is a misleading advertisement.

Personally, I don't believe a Mini-suite is worth the difference from a balcony room. The square footage is about the same, the only difference may be the bathroom layout. I would spend the $100 and joint the SPA for the week and shower, shave, take a steam bath, etc everyday.

I usually book a full suite because I want the added amenities that come with the suite on NCL. I just booked a full suite on Princess and I would not do that again because the service was terrible and the amenitites minimal.

To me, a Mini-suite is just a balcony room.

I could not agree with you more , and I had the same expierence with P .;)

We've sailed on NCL about 6X, but not since 2003 when we (and others) had a horrible repositioning cruise to New Orleans. What is the deal with their frequent cruisers program these days? We learned on our last RCCL cruise that they (RCCL) are now going the way of HAL: status is by "Days Sailed". Any info on NCL appreciated.

We've sailed on NCL about 6X, but not since 2003 when we (and others) had a horrible repositioning cruise to New Orleans. What is the deal with their frequent cruisers program these days? We learned on our last RCCL cruise that they (RCCL) are now going the way of HAL: status is by "Days Sailed". Any info on NCL appreciated.

On Dec. 5, NCL implemented changes to the Latitudes program. There are several different ways to earn points.

Here is a link: http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/ncl/latitudes/

Archived