Cruise Documents?

jjdc

I sail on Saturday and haven't received any documents for my cruise. Does MSC USA send documents via mail or email? I did the express online check-in so I don't think I'll have a problem boarding, but I'm wondering what I'm missing. I'm currently already overseas and my attempts to contact my U.S.-based travel agent have been unsuccessful this week so I'm hoping that someone here who's sailed MSC can let me know whether I'm missing anything important. Would it have included confirmation of shore excursions that I pre-purchased?

Thanks in advance!

on your MSC web checkin.......there is a place where u print "form to show onboard"...print that and take with u along with your passport etc.............that is all u need............they don't mail or email documents...........it is all done via thir website

on your MSC web checkin.......there is a place where u print "form to show onboard"...print that and take with u along with your passport etc.............that is all u need............they don't mail or email documents...........it is all done via thir website

Thanks!

I guess I'm used to getting more documents from the cruiseline (and my agent for that matter....) I've already printed the web check in form. I guess I should just follow their generic info on their website as far as checking in at least 90 minutes before sailing. (I'm wanting to spend as much time in Venice as possible before boarding.) What do you do for luggage tags with ship/sailing/cabin# since they don't provide them? Do they have any at the port?

I remain concerned that I've not received anything verifying the shore excursions I purchased. MSC charged my credit card back in November, but I've nothing to show what I've purchased. I'm concerned that I'll run into a problem on board if I don't have any sort of confirmation. There's no indication of it even when I log into the website as it will allow me to purchase new shore excursions for that same day. I've contacted my travel agent and am still hoping she comes through with something, but if I knew that they didn't ever provide confirmation pre-cruise, I would be less concerned.

Luggage tags ONLY are provided at the port. They are thin paper and flimsy. You fill them out there. Take a black marker pen and some tape to secure. Also make sure your name, address. etc. is on your luggage. If possible mark the cabin no. on your luggage somewhere. (other than the paper tag.)

The paper tag came off of my luggage last mo. and my luggage did not arrive until 8 p.m. Fortunately I had a leather tag with name, etc. on it. They looked it up on the computer and delivered it to my cabin. - It was late and I was concerned.

Not a good system.

They are not thin paper tags in European ports. They are self adhesive ones. In some ports, they scan your ticket and then produce labels with your cabin info on them. At others they need to be handwritten but they will help with that

They are not thin paper tags in European ports. They are self adhesive ones. In some ports, they scan your ticket and then produce labels with your cabin info on them. At others they need to be handwritten but they will help with that

I was sailing out of Fort Laud. (Nov. 2011)and they were given to us at the port, paper with a string attached, needed to be written on. They had no pens. Now I am a huge MSC fan and I am no knocking them, but this system in the US needs improvement.

Up until last year MSC luggage tags normally came with your cruise documents, either directly by email or from your TA. My recent two MSC cruises without tags were from Kiel and from Genoa, and at both ports the MSC baggage handlers just asked my name and cabin number and applied the self-adhesive type tags to the bags. Sounds like the ports in the USA are working in the dark ages.

Archived