RCL Independant of the Seas Canary Cruise

Hi, We are interested in booking the 11 night canary cruise with Indy on end of March 2012. We have been with RCL before did Splendor last year around Greek Isles & Turkey-enjoyed it but entertainment was not good-theatre acts very poor and Windjammer very crowded. They only seem to have late dining available too and I prefer to dine earlier if poss. Will we Indy suffer the same fate on Indy?

I know the ports won't be as interesting as in the Med but I'm sure we'll find something to enjoy.

We have to go in school hols as I work in a school!

Also weather- does it get rough in March/April read a few reviews and some say VERY rough!

I know most of this sounds negative but these I always have concerns about ANY cruises we take-I can only compare with the one cruise we have done on Splendor. Come make me want to go-give me some positives please!:)

Hi there

I have sailed the Bay of biscay twice in the Spring and we had calm crossings. Having sailed Indy 3 times, I have seen the production shows 3 times each and I would go and see them again. Remember there are also the ice shoes as well, so plenty of choice on a 11 night cruise, of course there will also be the guest artists as well. As for first sitting, if you cannot get that go for My Time dining which might help you eat earlier, Can't offer much suggestion with regards Windjammer, at the end of the day it is dependant on what time you eat. In summing up enjoy Indy, she is completely different to Splendour...so enjoy, you will be amazed by her!

The Independence of the Seas is superior to the Splendor, we have done both, and will be sailing to the Canaries on the Independence come 31st March.

Going from the UK avoids flights and the Bay of Biscay has always been kind to us, hardly any movement at all.

The Royal Promenade is great, the parades and parties held there are crowded but worth seeing. Likewise the ice shows.

Theatre is massive with ample seating, shows are reasonable.

Always something going on somewhere.

As mentioned, the Windjammer is busy at peak times but always seats to be found and greater selection of food than the Splendor.

If you are allocated late sitting, go to the dinning room at noon on arrival day and ask if there are spaces to change, if not ask to go on the waiting list because people do move.

Given the choice of Splendor or Independence, we would go for the Independence without hesitation.

We had our honeymoon on the IOS and will be on this sailing for our anniversary.

It should be a great cruise.

We have gone for late seating as we will probably eat in the WJ most evenings and if we fancy a meal we can easily go to the MDR still.

You may well find times open up and I think you can get waitlisted for the early seating anyway.

We were on the Liberty in April last year, so looking forward to being back on IOS this year and no flying :) So we can spend the airfare on the cruise.

Thank you all for your quick and positive replies.

You are all right-give it a go-don't be swayed by passed experiences.

I'm sure we can manage with late dining or use Windjammer, but might try the suggestion of going on the wait list-thanks for that.

Weather-well that can be good or bad but I think we will be giving Indy a go. Thank you all.

I'm sure we can manage with late dining or use Windjammer, but might try the suggestion of going on the wait list-thanks for that.

Weather-well that can be good or bad but I think we will be giving Indy a go. Thank you all.

If you do My Time Dining you can pre-book the times you want to eat. Me and my boyfriend were booked on a cruise a few years back by his brother-in-law and he put us down for My Time as he didn't know what we wanted. But I was able to book us in the 0830 seating every night as we like a late dinner. If you don't like whats on the menu you can then you can go to the WindJammer. We do no problem.

I am looking forward to hearing other peoples review on the canary cruise as we are on one of the 2 10 night cruises Indy does before she takes the 14 night summer cruises.

CK x

Hi dianeandmike,

Cuxton is a fair way from where I live, so sorry I do not know the Todman family. It was worth a try-when we book I will listen out for their names on the ship,maybe. x

Many of you are saying chose my time dining-sadly we have no choice-late dining is all we are being offered on the RCCL website.

Hi dianeandmike,

Cuxton is a fair way from where I live, so sorry I do not know the Todman family. It was worth a try-when we book I will listen out for their names on the ship,maybe. x

Many of you are saying chose my time dining-sadly we have no choice-late dining is all we are being offered on the RCCL website.

Call them up directly. You may have better luck than relying on the website.

You will find negative and positive reviews for every cruise, if you cruise on a large ship in the school holidays its bound to be crowded at times, but it has never been a problem for us

If you book, come over to our roll call and register for the Meet and Mingle.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1380350

Archived