debit card

wilko1969

Going on the rhapsady of the sea .Do they take debit card or is best to take cash?

You can set up your on board account as a "cash" account, and then use the debit card to pay it off on the last day. This avoids any holds being put on the debit card.

Used debit card on my cruises and they do not put holds on your card! They actually run your charges each night and your card is debited just as when you use it any other time! The last day the only thing on my bill is what I charged the last night and they debit that after disembarkation.

Used debit card on my cruises and they do not put holds on your card! They actually run your charges each night and your card is debited just as when you use it any other time! The last day the only thing on my bill is what I charged the last night and they debit that after disembarkation.

This has exactly been my experience too, each time.

With that said, I do not use my primary bank account debit card that I pay bills with. I use a debit card that is tied to my "cruise account" through my credit union and make sure I have at least double the $$$ that I have budgeted for onboard spending in the account as to avoid preauthorization issues.

It largely just depends on how your bank handles preauthorizations Im pretty sure.

This has exactly been my experience too, each time.

With that said, I do not use my primary bank account debit card that I pay bills with. I use a debit card that is tied to my "cruise account" and make sure I have at least double the $$$ that I have budgeted for onboard spending in the account as to avoid preauthorization issues.

It largely just depends on how your bank handles preauthorizations Im pretty sure.

Very smart! I think I will open another account do my upcoming cruise and put the money there! Thanks!

Archived