Vancouver to Seattle transportation

We're cruising Princess from San Francisco to Vancouver. To get back home, we've booked our own air from Seattle to Oakland on Southwest. We had planned to buy the customary bus transfer from Vancouver to Seattle from Princess, but for whatever reason they're not selling the transfer for our particular sailing.

There are currently 5 of us traveling together, and will possibly be 2 or 3 more.

Looking for suggestions on how to get from Vancouver to Seattle. Specifically, we're looking for any referrals to van or limo type shuttles. We've already checked out QuickCoach and their times don't jive with our schedule. And don't bother suggesting Amtrak, as the train doesn't get back to Seattle until late at night. Or flight home from Seattle departs at 5:20pm.

Thanks for any suggestions!

www.quickcoach.com is the main company that does the Vancouver-to-SeaTac route. They have pickups from right at Canada Place (the main cruise ship pier in Vancouver) or from several other downtown Vancouver locations.

Are you on the sailing on the Dawn on May 14? We are booked on that sailing and have a very quiet roll call going on so far.

We've already checked out QuickCoach and their times don't jive with our schedule.

Unfortunately, QuickCoach's times don't work out for us. We're on the Coral Princess, leaving two days ahead of you on May 12.

Enjoy your cruise! My first cruise was on Dawn Princess!

Sorry, I wasn't reading close enough! You might want to consider just renting a car/van one-way. At least one of the major car rental companies has a location in the hotel that's on top of Canada Place.

calikak, I'm also on 5/14 Dawn Princess, same as you! It does seem like an extremely quiet roll call.

BEAV, I totally understand your situation. I also live in Bay Area and was struggling with the one-way flight back from SEA/YVR to bay area. My balcony stateroom only costs $120 including tax per person (hard to resist), while my one-way flight back from Vancouver to SFO costs $175. Gee, flying back is indeed more expensive than taking the luxurious ship up there.

I know that you can book a Southwest flight for $70~80 one-way from SEA to OAK/SJC. But it doesn't work out for me!

Their latest flight is 5:30 PM, and it is VERY likely that you will miss the flight!

The ship arrives Vancouver at 10 AM. Assuming it takes 2~4 hours to unload, and 4~5 hours to ride from Vancouver to SEA airport, also consider the traffic at US customs and commuter traffic around downtown. And you want to arrive airport 90 minutes ahead. This is extremely tight. Also the transfer costs $40~50 pp, eating out the cost difference.

So I gave up and book the 5:30PM nonstop flight from Vancouver to SFO ($175) via Alaska airline.

At the end of my another cruise (5/30/2005 Sun Princess), I have identical problems. I need to go from Vancouver back to bay area, but this time I'll rent a car from Hertz (CAD$100) and stay overnight near SEA airport ($50) and take Southwest ($70 including tax) on the next morning (6:30AM) to be able to work on that day. This way I can save some money from the expensive Vancouver flights.

Thanks for the good information.

At this time, QuickCoach is considering adding an express run to SEATAC in conjunction with Coral's 10:00am arrival. Especially so since they now have learned Princess is not providing transfers to SEA off this particular cruise.

We just booked this cruise this week, and unfortunately the 5:30pm Alaska Airlines flight is now selling for $275. Had it been available for $175 we of course would have bought at that price.

And luckily we arrive on Saturday, so commute traffic shouldn't be so dramatic.

Thanks for the good information.

We just booked this cruise this week, and unfortunately the 5:30pm Alaska Airlines flight is now selling for $275. Had it been available for $175 we of course would have bought at that price.

And luckily we arrive on Saturday, so commute traffic shouldn't be so dramatic.

275! That's a horrendous price!

But the tight schedule makes me sweat. If I were you, I'll stay overnight near Seatac airport and fly back the next day.

If you can squeeze 5 people and luggage into a mid-size rental car, you can rent one from National for $126 (includes tax). You can further cut the cost if you have an entertainment card or are a member of Costco.

• 2 months later...

You should take the Amtrak bus. We did a SF to Vancouver cruise a couple of years ago. We kept our luggage in our room the last night of our cruise and got off the ship with the first group. We then took a cab to the Amtrak station and boarded our bus (around 10 am). We took the Amtrak bus to Seattle and boarded a local bus to the Seattle airport. Then we flew Southwest back to Oakland. This saved us quite a bit of money.

• 7 years later...
You should take the Amtrak bus. We did a SF to Vancouver cruise a couple of years ago. We kept our luggage in our room the last night of our cruise and got off the ship with the first group. We then took a cab to the Amtrak station and boarded our bus (around 10 am). We took the Amtrak bus to Seattle and boarded a local bus to the Seattle airport. Then we flew Southwest back to Oakland. This saved us quite a bit of money.

We are arriving on NCL Jewel on May 15h. The Amtrak bus leaves at 9am. Do you think I could make it in time

We are arriving on NCL Jewel on May 15h. The Amtrak bus leaves at 9am. Do you think I could make it in time

You went way back on this thread.:)

Yes, if you can self-disembark or get an early disembarkation time you can make the 9 am bus. Canada Place to the station is only about 10 mins. by cab. You will have to clear CDN customs at Canada Place but if you can get off the ship early you should be on the curb at Canada Place by 8 am.

Are you aware that QuickShuttle operates an express coach from Canada Place?

Archived