Anyone had an upper deck Sprit class Aft Wrap-Around Suite?

19snapshot

We have booked a Vista Suite on the upper deck and a nearby interior cabin for our upcoming cruise. We are not likely going to be able afford this sort of extravagance again anytime soon. We have never stayed in a suite onboard or even a balcony, for that matter. I know the suite is configured differently on the upper deck then on the others. It doesn't have a separate living area. CCL says it is the same square footage, just all in one room. I don't mind that. I have read that some of the square footage is taken up by an awkward hallway. The upper deck was the only place we could have the interior stateroom that could accommodate 3 near a suite for our sailing and the aft balconies have a lot of fans, from what I have read.

I have read some horror stories about the upper deck vista suites; soot, no shade (smaller overhang), smoke from neighboring balconies, garbage raining down from the decks above, unbearable vibrations/motion, etc.

Has anyone stayed in one of these vista suites on the upper deck of Legend, Miracle, Pride or Spirit? If so, I would love to hear the good, the bad, the real ins and outs of this cabin please.

I have been in the wrap suites on both the main and upper decks. There is no comparison! We are doing the Spirit again in April and I recommended to the couple with us wanting the wrap suite, take the Ocean suite next door to the Vista suite on that deck. A much better cabin set up for sure on that deck.

We were in room 4228 on the Spirit for Alaska and LOVED it. Worth every cent. Loved it so much that we booked the same room on the Pride for next month. It is AMAZING. The balcony is HUGE. I think I have ruined myself and may never be able to go back to a regular balcony again.... LOL

Deck 5 is not one of the cabins that are true suites..its just one big cabin.

here is a youtube of that cabin.

all afts are opened- only deck 4 is covered.

as for soot- it will depend on a lotta things-- just wipe things down before you sit-- and never leave stuff out there overnight.

Vibrations-- mostly when coming in or leaving a port

a few cruises ago I found the extended balconies..

http://www.travelingnuts.com/2011cruise/images/DSCN0188.JPG

We have booked a Vista Suite on the upper deck and a nearby interior cabin for our upcoming cruise. We are not likely going to be able afford this sort of extravagance again anytime soon. We have never stayed in a suite onboard or even a balcony, for that matter. I know the suite is configured differently on the upper deck then on the others. It doesn't have a separate living area. CCL says it is the same square footage, just all in one room. I don't mind that. I have read that some of the square footage is taken up by an awkward hallway. The upper deck was the only place we could have the interior stateroom that could accommodate 3 near a suite for our sailing and the aft balconies have a lot of fans, from what I have read.

I have read some horror stories about the upper deck vista suites; soot, no shade (smaller overhang), smoke from neighboring balconies, garbage raining down from the decks above, unbearable vibrations/motion, etc.

Has anyone stayed in one of these vista suites on the upper deck of Legend, Miracle, Pride or Spirit? If so, I would love to hear the good, the bad, the real ins and outs of this cabin please.

unfortunately, the two wraps on deck 5 are different than the ones on the other 4 decks. yes, it's just one big room, as opposed to the sectioned off rooms on the other decks. but you do have a big balcony.

deck 4 have the best wraps.

Guest LoveMyBoxer

We have had the same aft wrap on deck 8 on the Miracle for the past three years and have it again this coming July. Would not trade it for the World! No soot, no dirt anything else like I've heard on some threads here. Barely any vibration, never noticed anyone smoking. There is no overhand except on the side, so not much shade, except on the side. On the Miracle, ours had a separate bedroom and dressing area.

jpeg

jpeg

Yes, we had that aft wrap on the Miracle and absolutely loved it! We had no need for a separate dressing room anyway, so this was not something we missed. We spent much more time on our huge balcony than inside the room. Yes, you will find a few "presents from above" on your balcony from time to time. These are things that people on Lido drop while standing at the rail. The most common "presents" we found were the little umbrellas from drinks and ice cream cones. We found things on the balcony on maybe 4 of the 8 days. There was a small amount of soot, but it was not a problem. Just put a towel down over the chair before you sit in it. Since you will have several family members, this balcony will be PERFECT for you to share!

Archived