New Year and new weight loss goals: SPRING CRUISE

Realblonde474

Yesterday, I took Body Pump and did an hour of cardio...now I am so sore I can barely type. Don't ask me about my hair!

How did everyone else do?

Donna

Doing good!! Been doing my Bikini BootCamp by jeanette jenkins...Dear lord she has been kicking my but!! Which is sooo sore, well that and my thighs and ah everything is sore!!!! But a good sore, if that makes sence!!

The good thing about being very sore from working out is that you are too sore to eat "chewy" food; :eek: the bad thing (for me anyway) is that I self medicate with wine.

BTW, there is nothing worse that having a bad cold in the winter! Feel better!

And aren't short term goals to long term problems wonderful! :p I know that my sweetie is impressed and appreciative of my progress!

I am so glad that we are "here" for each other.

Donna

Good job everyone!! I agree that food journaling has helped a lot. I could not believe how much food I have been eating in a day! I love to eat, but now I spread it out more. I'm a night eater so I make sure there's always some calories for a nighttime snack. Otherwise I can't sleep.

Got my 60 min of spinning in today. I didn't go at all last week I wa so sick. Seems the trend this past week. I'm almost down 3 lbs now but I think some was from being so sick. We will see what the scale says tomorrow. I did notice my pants are a little easier to button this morning!

I'm 1.4 lbs away from getting into the 170s. Haven't been there in years. I'm hoping this time is for real and I get there soon!

Way to go Sim and everybody else who is plugging away. Glad you are on the mend ANN. Yesterday was the first day that I didn't get a work out in but I was gone all day and just really couldn't fit it in. I workout in my downstairs which is also my boys bedroom, so they were off to bed and I hadn't worked out yet. UGH! But I plan on doing extra today to make up for it. I am fortunate I work form home so I get my workout in while the kids are gone at school. My youngest is home 3 days a week, but she just plays while I do my thing. Hoping to see some significant results soon :)

Great job everyone. I managed to be down 2 lbs this past week and am excited about that. I used my treadmill every day except one which is a huge accomplishment for me as I generally don't like excercising. I am thinking about going to a Zumba class this week but I am so uncoordinated so will see what happens :). I am doing good this week so far so will see what the scale shows next Tuesday.

Keep it up everyone, our cruises will be here soon! Supposed to have an ice storm here today so looking forward to some sunshine!

Lady - I did Zumba for quite awhile. I had no idea what to expect, but it turned out to be soooo fun! My class was held in a church gymnasium and there were all types in there. (Classes ended, and so did my Zumba :mad:)

I think Zumba is one of those things that you get out of it what you put into it. If you really do the moves in a big way, you will work up quite a sweat!

You should try it - you might surprise yourself!

Ann

Thats awesome Lady! I a still waiting to see some results after 2 weeks of hard work:mad: I do like to exercise, so at least I have that going for me but am getting impatient. Slow and steady wins the race. I have 33 days until we leave on vacation...so I would like to lose 8lbs.

Hi ya'all!

Hope that everyone had a great weekend. I worked out both days and then ATE because I needed the extra calories. This morning on the scale was not pretty.

BUT, Monday's are always about new beginnings so.....

Take care and thanks so much for the all of your posts!

Dopnna

Going to work out now, still no results on the scale:confused:

Food journaling 1,288 calories a day and most days working out for 25-60 minutes. Jillian mIchaels which is tough and elip. What gives? UGH

Guess maybe I will see the results when I try on the clothes I am planning on taking.

Its so hard not to obsess over them!!! And its very discouraging when numbers stay the same or dont go down, especailly when your watching all you eat and exercising ...But try to go on how your clothes feel, do they feel a little bit looser than last week? Try to get something that is a fav of yours for the cruise , fav dress, shirt or shorts whatever it may be , and use that as an idea how your doing ..then maybe stepping on the scale maybe once a week (I say maybe because I go on probably a bit much) ...Eh to say I eat 100% perfect god no!! Its too hard, I LOVE my Wine!!!!

Thanks for sharing your posts above. Iwas so down yesterday.

There are some days that I work out for over two hours (2 classes back to back at the gym and then some cardio to warm up or down) and my scale is not moving....

BUT after I stopped sobbing I tried on some of my "cruise clothes" I discovered that they are looking better.

So, we will continue to journal and sweat...

Hugs to you all and thanks again for the encouragement to everyone!

Donna

Hi everyone. Is it too late to join this group? I cruise in April and need some encouragement to keep exercising!

I'm a stay at home mom with three girls (1 in school, 1 in preschool, 1 at home) so I'm using my treadmill and some video-on-demand workouts.

Hi everyone. Is it too late to join this group? I cruise in April and need some encouragement to keep exercising!

I'm a stay at home mom with three girls (1 in school, 1 in preschool, 1 at home) so I'm using my treadmill and some video-on-demand workouts.

Nope never too late too join!!! Welcome to the nut house!!!! Lol (just joking) We're crusing in April as well(with our girls) and its not too far away, thats for sure> I work out at home as well Either using my Elipit or my Dvd's or the videos's on Demand (although lately there is no Exercise tv on demand and have no clue why). As much as it sounds nice to go to the gym and get out of the house, the other day when it was snowing here, I just rolled out of bed , changed up and worked out!!! No car to warm up, or clean off!! And Costs nothing!!! Would rather put that money towards vacation!!!

Edited by jolyroger

Well, managed to lose 1.8 pounds this week. Was hoping I would lose more because I really worked out all week and ate well. I know I don't have as much to lose so it seems harder I think. I think that I upped my exercise and didn't really up my calories so I think my body doesn't like my calorie intake being that low. Going to try to eat a little more this week to compensate for the burned calories and see how I do.

Didn't get to try Zumba this weekend, it got cancelled due to an ice storm. Maybe going to try Thursday night.

The good news is that in exactly 2 months I will in New Orleans waiting for my cruise - YEAH!. Hope everyone has a successful week!

Well, managed to lose 1.8 pounds this week. Was hoping I would lose more because I really worked out all week and ate well. I know I don't have as much to lose so it seems harder I think. I think that I upped my exercise and didn't really up my calories so I think my body doesn't like my calorie intake being that low. Going to try to eat a little more this week to compensate for the burned calories and see how I do.

Didn't get to try Zumba this weekend, it got cancelled due to an ice storm. Maybe going to try Thursday night.

The good news is that in exactly 2 months I will in New Orleans waiting for my cruise - YEAH!. Hope everyone has a successful week!

Thats great!!! Does seem the less you need to lose it takes so much longer.. Either that or there's that thing I suffer from which I think as women we all do and thats IMPATIENCE!! Yup Big time!! I dont have alot to lose really , just firm up those areas that have been covered and will be seeing the sun in 77 more days!!:)

I agree, patience is not my strong suit! I have lost 11.5 in a month so I guess I need to put it into the bigger picture.

Only 4 weeks mama, how exciting!

WOW thats great 11.5 lbs in a month!!! That is somehing to be proud of!

Lady d that is awesome and something to be proud of!

You are probably like me and watch shows like Biggest Loser where they lose huge numbers in a week. I have been so good for 3 weeks now and I am pushing it to say I have lost 3 pounds. But I know exercise and healthy eating work, it is not a fad diet so I suppose it in't supposed to come off fast. Good Luck everyone!!! Be good over the weekend ;)

Thanks again all the support. Last night I did Body Pump and I finally was down two pounds on the scale....

Not where I want to be by any means and certainly not the "Biggest Loser" rate but at least WE (and I mean all of us on this post) are moving and moving in the right direction.

Have a wonderful day everyone! Each of you have already brightened mine!

Donna:D