Random question

firefighter15

Do kids younger then 8 need passports to cruise. My wife and I have one but if we want to take the young childfren with us do they need passports?

Also will NCL charge them as occupants if our room holds 4 people?

Yes, they need passports.

NCL charges a different rate for the 3 & 4 person in the room.

No price break for kids. :)

Do kids younger then 8 need passports to cruise. My wife and I have one but if we want to take the young childfren with us do they need passports? Yes and no . Birth certs are ok if you are leaving from and returning to the same port but if theres a problem along the way you or they can not fly back without a passport . I feel all should get passports.

Also will NCL charge them as occupants if our room holds 4 people?

Yes at a reduced 3/4 passanger rate.

check online at NCL.com

Technically, no - as long as it is a cruise that is boarded in the US and returns to the US and only sails Bermuda, the Caribbean and Mexico. I called NCL because I'm taking two kids on my next cruise said they will accept a birth certificate with the raised seal....... It is highly recommended to travel with one though, just in case something happens and you need to fly back to the US. They will need the passports to re-enter the country - even from Canada!

Also, the kids are considered "occupants" but the daily charge is less than that of an adult. The stewards will need to make their beds, the servers deliver them food in the restaurants, etc.

Hope this helped!;)

There are a few exceptions for cruises in the Western Hemisphere:

• US citizens on a closed-loop cruise, one that begins and ends at the same US port, can use a driver’s license or government-issued ID card and a birth certificate, certificate of naturalization or certificate of citizenship.
  • Children under the age of 16 traveling by land or sea can use their birth certificates, as can children under the age of 19 if they are under adult supervision and are traveling with an organization such as a school group, church group, volunteer organization or sports team.

However, most cruise lines strongly recommend that all guests travel with a valid US passport during their cruises for a couple of important reasons:

• If you have a medical, family, personal or business emergency and need to fly back to the U.S. before your cruise ends a passport is required or you could experience significant delays and complications.

Thanks for the replys usualy my wife and i use the cruise to get away from the kids but my 7 year old is realy wanting to go. We booked it for just the two of us and now im scrambling with trying to see if he can go before we leave on 2-17 :cool:

Dont forget the kids club ;)

<snip>

Also, the kids are considered "occupants" but the daily charge is less than that of an adult. The stewards will need to make their beds, the servers deliver them food in the restaurants, etc.

Hope this helped!;)

DSC is the same for kids over 3 as for adults.

Archived