Walk me through a B2B

Cruis'in Mom

If you book a back to back cruise, what is the procedure for debarkation and embarkation for the second week? Do you have to get off and wait with all the other people or do they let you stay on board and enjoy the ship? Are you in the same room both weeks? If so, do you have to pack up and take your things with you? How about if you change rooms?

Thanks

If you book a back to back cruise' date=' what is the procedure for debarkation and embarkation for the second week? Do you have to get off and wait with all the other people or do they let you stay on board and enjoy the ship? Are you in the same room both weeks? If so, do you have to pack up and take your things with you? How about if you change rooms?

Thanks[/quote']

You'll receive a letter from Guest Services telling you when/where to meet. Someone will walk you through customs, no form necessary and walk you back on. At that time you're also issued a new S&S card. If you purchased any alcohol, you'll receive it the night before or that morning, however they're doing it nowadays

If you're not changing room, your room steward will already know that. If you are, then they'll move your stuff for you.

Easy peasy:)

There is no standard, this is always how they do it.

On Conquest when we were waiting in the atrium, they took our credit cards and issued the new card then, before they walked us off.

On Triumph, it was a mess. The person who was supposed to walk us back on dissapeared, and we were left stuck in the port and could not reboard for the hour that is supposed to be the best time to hang out and have the ship to ourselves.

On Triumph the person walked us to a window with the oldest lady still working I have ever seen who worked in slow mo. She took 10 times as long to issue the new cards as possible. So thats why the Carnival employee got bored and just left us!!!

We also got a B2B gift both times.

I did that on the Sensation last month.

You do get a letter, instructing you where to meet. You will be guided through customs (just to be sure I had filled out the customs form), then get your new sign and sail card.

If you want to leave the ship for a few hrs., when you get back, tell an employee on the outside of the line you are doing a B2B, she will walk you around every one so you can get back on the ship.

Another thing, I also printed out my new luggage tags and boarding pass from home, just in case. I need the pass when I reboarded the ship.

I had changed rooms, but made sure the new room was on the same deck, put my new luggage tags on my luggage, to make it easier for the new Steward.

If you are in the same room, tell your Steward that you will be staying on for another cruise.

Melanie

We received a bottle of Champagne, and took it with us the the MDR to share with our table mates.

The waiter was very nice, brought out chilled champagne glasses and poured.

The minute one was empty, he refilled the glass.

Had a good time that night.

Melanie

We just completed a B2B on the Legend and we did not get a bottle of Champagne. However, the process is basically painless and you will enjoy having the ship quietly to yourself for a few hours. We never left the ship, enjoyed our cabin and balcony, and then prime Serenity Deck real estate! And staff recognized us the next week as having been there the previous week. It is all good!

Archived