Formal Nights Silver Wind Capetown 3 Feb

cruiseryder

We have just received our silver box for our 3 Feb cruise aboard Silver Wind and now really looking forward to it.

We had hoped there might be some info as to which evenings were the Formal nights so we could plan when we might want to book Le Champagne etc. Can anyone tell me when we get that info please?

We have just received our silver box for our 3 Feb cruise aboard Silver Wind and now really looking forward to it.

We had hoped there might be some info as to which evenings were the Formal nights so we could plan when we might want to book Le Champagne etc. Can anyone tell me when we get that info please?

We are on that cruise as well. I am assuming they will be held on the sea days but don't know for sure. We are planning on renewing our vows on one of the formal nights also so I guess we may have to find out when we get there.

By the way, we have invited any other ccr's on the cruise to join us for an after party. Duct tape has already accepted and you are certainly invited as well :).

On our Whisper cruise September 2010, Silversea outdid itself on making the formal nights inconvenient. First by having one more night than our cruise documents, the website and the phone call to Silversea by our TA confirmed.

Then by not changing the night when the schedule changed due to weather. We arrived late in Halifax so were leaving late in the evening instead of at 18:00. Instead of changing the formal night to the following night (which was now an unexpected sea day because we were outrunning a hurricane) they kept the formal night as planned, despite many passengers spending the evening ashore.

So don't count on anything logical. On the other hand, once they set the nights for the cruise, they are unlikely to deviate from it.

Thanks for the replies,

Silversea presumably have the evenings planned at the outset of the season so a little hint might not go amiss although I appreciate circumstances might require a change now and again.

I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Thanks for your kind invitation McCooch, not long to go now.

Cruiseryder don't worry about it. I think if you stay flexible and willing to go with the flow there won't be a problem. In the past, if I tried to book Le Champagne for a particular night and was told "fully booked but will put on wait list" - it didn't take long for the call confirming the reservation. Of course you want to be there on a formal night, and if you check the Chronicle as soon as you are in your suite those formal nights are listed.

Going with the expectation that everything will work out most times it does.

Enjoy the cruise:)

Duct Tape,

Do you know the cost of WiFi on the ship? Trying to figure out the cell phone / Internet logistics with family and work back home once in SA.

Cruiseryder,

Glad you will be there!

I quess we will need to have a CC meet and greet once we get on board. Duct Tape, what do you recommend as a good time and place?

Thanks!

Here we are. Internet charges: 1000 min-$250.; 250 min-$85.; 100 min -$45.; pay as you go-0.50/min. Current plan for the dress code and the dress code is being enforced (YEA) - C, F, I, I, I, C,C, I, F,C. Formal, Informal and Casual. Since the itineraries are exactly the same for the 3 Capetown R/Ts, I would assume it shall continue. Be prepared to rock'n roll! It is easier going west to east but it is still moving! See you then.

I just received some info from our TA that the cruise director will be changing on January 24th but SS Guest Services was going to pass on the info and did not think that there will be a problem with our request. Thanks again for your help.

Archived