concerning an upgrade

mcsean

Is it better if the ship is full or half empty. I have read that as the ship begins to fill up the line moves the guarantees up so as to free the less- expensive cabins. However, what happens if the ship does not fill up? Will the company still move guarantees to an upgrade or leave them be.

Tom

We can all speculate, but only the cruise line knows how they handle upgrades vis-a-vis inventory control. It's a mysterious thing! If the ship isn't full, and they're trying to fill it, it seems likely they will do what they can to make bargain basement fares available to get bodies on the ship. That could well mean that folks booked in inside cabins could be moved to oceanview. If the fishes don't bite, then folks would be left where they booked. Only speculation on my part.

The ways of the Upgrade Fairy are mysterious, indeed.

But, I'm with Jim on this one, Tom. You won't get any more than you paid for unless HAL has an incentive to give you more.

Alterante spelling of: "incentive" is "m-o-n-e-y".

Hi Ruth,

How are you doing? I have signed up for the Prinsendam June 16 sail out of Civitavecchia. I had at first booked a Cat D.,but my TA came back and offered Cat H guarantee at a $600. savings and the "strong possibility" of an upgrade. Ths ship is slowly starting to fill up,but there are still a lot of cabins left for a sail within two months. I am not certain what to do as I don't like to be so forward in a ship.

I see you are returning for the long haul along with grannynurse. I would have liked to join you again;however, I have to be home for a wedding. I hope you have better weather than last summer, but I am certain you will still have a great voyage.

Will you run a daily on this one? I shall look forward to sailng with you vicariously.

Best,

Tom

I see you are returning for the long haul....Will you run a daily on this one? I shall look forward to sailng with you vicariously.

That's the plan, Tom. If I sail.

I had a heart attack a few weeks ago and won't know until Friday if the cardiologist thinks I can go. If he says "Bon Voyage" I'll be posting a Happy Wanderer (reprise) thread for the third year in a row.

Wish you could join me aboard again, but I guess I'll have to settle for your virtual presence.

I hope you enjoy your cruise---and get a good upgrade!

HAL will start to post deals in the "port" area about 3 - 4 weeks before the ship sails if the ship still has quite a number of cabins available. Unfortuntaly those of us who don't live near an a port area will never hear about those deals.

SO - HAL will try to fill as many cabins as possible.

As for an upgrade??? Who knows how and if they will happen.

Ruth,

I am so sorry to hear about your heart problems,I hope and shall say a prayer for your speedy recovery in time for sail away.Nothing can be more disappointing than to be planning something for so long and then have it taken away;however, there will be thousands of cruises in the future, but only one Ruth.So please take care of yourself so that we may one day meet again on the seas.

God bless,

Tom

Archived