sea sickness

wilko1969

When you took Phenergan at home, did it make you sleepy? I bet it did! That's because Phenergan has sedative properties that will knock you out for hours. This is not the best medication for someone who is going on a cruise unless he/she wants to spend the majority of their time in the cabin. I only give this medication to my patients who have SEVERE nausea AND vomiting.

Like you mentioned in your first sentence, talk with your doctor! Everyone's body works differently and you need to know what works for you!

I only take this medication if I am vomiting so at that point I want to sleep. It does not knock me out for hours. I take Bonine to prevent the seasickness and it works great for me. So the Phenergan is a just in case medication.

I was on the Independence in December and we had an extremely rough sail from Spain back to England. In rough seas the crew is told to eat green apples and take ginger tablets and/or tea. Crew members swear by this remedy - so much that the ship ran out of green apples. The ship dispenses the generic equivalent of Bonine tablets, 3 at a time, at the customer service desk. If you are prone to seasickness try to look far away at the horizon and do not watch the waves. Many of the passengers on the cruise wore wristbands the entire time at sea.

How many do you take and how many days before the cruise.... I remember doing this on my last cruise and it really helped but you had to start before the cruise ... anyone?

Two hours prior to sailing is sufficient. We usually take our bonine 1 hour prior to sailaway and every 12 hours while at seas. We do not take them when docked.

Archived