Bernard's Tours, St Maartan

acesallyelton

Just back, toured January 4th with Bernard and this was our 5th time.

Always our favorite tour/Island and people! I would not ever consider anyone else but Bernard's. Each time it get's better and we see and learn more and more!

I would email Bernard again and also check your spam as he is very prompt in returning emails at night.

To all touring soon, take me back!!!!!!!!:p

Enjoy your tour and this gorgeous Island!

I have been trying to book thru the website a week ago and I also emailed my information 3 days ago but have not recieved any comformation number or a reply. I will need his sevice in March. How long should I wait before sending another request?

I did check my spam and added the email address to my address book.

Is his tour Kid friendly? 7 and 9 yr old.

Debating on renting a car vs Bernard's tour.

He states on his web site that he can arrange an alternate beach to the nude one. I've seen good reviews both ways. If you are paired with a group who do want to stop at Orient Beach, he can drop one group off at Orient and continue on if you prefer not to stop there, then come back for the Orient group after a bit. I recommend email though.

To the original writer, did you ever hear from Bernard's? If so, how many days until you got a reply? I,too, sent in a reservation form, both on his website, then in an email, and haven't heard yet. I sent mine on January 20th, and am anxiously waiting a reply, since we leave on our cruise on 1/29. Does anyone know if you can get the tour without a reservation?

I would email him again today. I emailed him 45 minutes ago and had a response in less then 15 minutes and went and signed up like he said and we are in. I emailed him first for a response and then did what he instructed me to do from there. Hope you get it worked out soon! Looking forward to this tour after all the great reviews!

Robin

Thanks, SliceofLife. Should I assume that there is no more room for February 1st if I haven't heard from him (2 days since I emailed him), or should I email him again?

I would e-mail him again. You should get a reply either way.

This is the reason why you can't just walk up and get on a tour:

Q. Can you accommodate 'Walk-Up' customers, or must all reservations be made in advance?

A. Unfortunately, we can no longer accept 'Walk-Up' clients, as the Island Government requires that we show a reservation before picking up our guests at the cruise terminal

When you were dropped off at a beach, were you able to leave things in his van ?

Was it secure? Would like to take my good camera for island tour but don't want it on the beach? Did most people swim at Orient ? or would the rest of the day feel nasty from sand and wet? Thanks

When you were dropped off at a beach, were you able to leave things in his van ?

Was it secure? Would like to take my good camera for island tour but don't want it on the beach? Did most people swim at Orient ? or would the rest of the day feel nasty from sand and wet? Thanks

We took our stuff off the van. I had my Sony camera (underwater, compact, cost over $300) but I don't know what I would do if I had a real professional camera. My family went off on their own to get our own chairs on Orient Beach, got in the water and felt fine after. My DDs are on swim team so they are used to being constantly damp. I had allowed enough time to air dry, so I was good to go with a pair of shorts pulled on and a tank top. It's such a casual day that I don't think you would care about some dampness and sand.

You can see pics in my review (in the link in my signature).

Have a great cruise!

Archived