Seattle airport to amtrak stations

ajpmom

Does anyone know how far it is from the Seattle airport to the Amtrak station? We plan on taking the Amtrak to Vancouver for our cruise. I will have my mother and 2 kids with me so I want to make sure it is feasible.

Thanks

A taxi or town car will get you there the fastest and sometimes have a flat rate.

The drive to downtown Seattle from SeaTac Airport will take 20-30 minutes -- depending on the traffic.

A trip to downtown Seattle from the airport on public transportation takes 30-40 minutes-- depending on the traffic.

Taxi Fare Finder Seattle - Estimate Your Taxi Cab Fare, Cost & Rates

Does anyone know how far it is from the Seattle airport to the Amtrak station? We plan on taking the Amtrak to Vancouver for our cruise. I will have my mother and 2 kids with me so I want to make sure it is feasible.

Thanks

Depends which Amtrak station you're talking about. Downtown Seattle is about 15-20 mins by taxi. However, the evening train originates in Portland, and stops in Tukwila (before Seattle), only 5 mins from the airport.

King Street Station is about 15 miles from SeaTac airport. You can take a taxi, and the light rail at the airport goes to the International District station which is within a block of the Amtrak station. That is about a 30/35 minute ride.

Note that station in Tukwila is an open platform without an agent, ticketing or baggage services. Or a roof. But it is close to the airport (although without public transit between the two).

Thank you everyone for your help. One more question...are there any nice/decent hotels in the area of the Amtrak station? Or is it better to stay by the airport for the night. We are leaving on the 7:30am train the next morning.

what time does your flight arrive ?

If you arrive after 5pm you might as well stay by the airport. Then catch a 6am cab to Amtrak. But if you arrive early enough to do some sightseeing it would be worthwhile to stay downtown. Silver Cloud Stadium is just a few blocks from Amtrak and provides free shuttle service for guests to popular spots in the city, like the Seattle Center or Pike Place Market. I'm sure they would drop you at the train in the morning; ask. I think they have a small pool; the kids might enjoy that after being stuck on a plane.

Otherwise use the map feature on tripadvisor's hotel listing to get an idea of which hotels are near Amtrak (next door to the Stadiums and the International District).

• 3 weeks later...

If you need a nice hotel near the Tukwila stop, Cedarbrook will pick you up and drop you off at either the airport or the Tukwila Amtrak stop. They don't advertise the Amtrak service but if you talk to the front desk/concierge they are happy to do it (I'm not sure reservations knows about it). The hotel is very nice and used to be a corporate retreat center for Washington Mutual, I believe.

Thank you everyone for your help. One more question...are there any nice/decent hotels in the area of the Amtrak station? Or is it better to stay by the airport for the night. We are leaving on the 7:30am train the next morning.

Another choice is the Best Western Plus Pioneer Square, at 77 Yesler way. It is only a couple blocks from the King Street Station.

Tukwila is not an option since they want the early morning train. The taxi rate link is good. A towncar will be less at around $45 so you can easily save a lot by getting an airport hotel on hotwire for very little and arrange a towncar to Amtrak.

look on tripadvisor.com seattle forum. On top right is very specific info on getting from seatac to amtrak using light rail. However with luggage and kids personally I'd take a towncar, shuttle or taxi

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone,

We are going to take the evening train now so I don't have to worry about hotels in both Seattle and Vancouver. Two days in the same hotel is easier with kids.

I think a taxi will probably be the best bet for all of us.

Archived