What's your bio, solo cruisers?

HeartNP

I'm 66, single and retired from a gov't weenie job. I travel alone because I just don't want to share:D; the cabin, or bathroom, or being concerned about someone else's plans for the day, or excursion. I eat alone as well, along with my iPad for company.

Hi everyone,

I'm a 28 year old single guy, no kids, no attachments, just me. I've been on a handful of cruises with family, and I've been on one solo cruise a couple years ago which I really enjoyed. I'm in the military and wanted to go on a cruise before deploying, so I'm going on a cruise in less than a month! Unfortunately, I couldn't find anyone who could or would go with me, and since I had such a great time going solo the first time, I decided I'd do it again. However, I'm still debating whether I should bribe a friend to come with me...with a free cruise...? :rolleyes:

Edited by usmchokie

Hi everyone,

I'm a 28 year old single guy, no kids, no attachments, just me. I've been on a handful of cruises with family, and I've been on one solo cruise a couple years ago which I really enjoyed. I'm in the military and wanted to go on a cruise before deploying, so I'm going on a cruise in less than a month! Unfortunately, I couldn't find anyone who could or would go with me, and since I had such a great time going solo the first time, I decided I'd do it again. However, I'm still debating whether I should bribe a friend to come with me...with a free cruise...? :rolleyes:

I have a hard time finding friends to go with me too...even if I agree to pay since I would have to pay double occupancy anyways to go solo. What's up with that?

Anyways...really just wanted to say thank you for serving our country!!

I'm from Michigan too michigyrl!

Even though my husband likes to cruise he doesn't want to do any cruises for more than 3 days as he doesn't like to leave the dog (!) So, unless I can get someone to go with me, like my mom or sister, I cruise solo. My friends either are too broke or aren't into cruising, unfortunately. Just thankful I got my mom and sister into it :)

I have a hard time finding friends to go with me too...even if I agree to pay since I would have to pay double occupancy anyways to go solo. What's up with that?

Who knows...people just seem flaky in general...they jump at the thought of going on a free cruise and get all excited, but when it comes time and they realize I'm actually being completely serious, they get very wishy washy and suddenly, they "can't" go...

Anyways...really just wanted to say thank you for serving our country!!

Thanks, I appreciate the support.

Hello Solo's :)

I am Amy, 32 and recently divorced. I have always wanted to see Europe and this solo cruise is my start. I'm headed to Greece and am SO excited! I hope to meet groups on here or the boat to make my time a bit more social, but if not, relaxation, reflection and renewal are on the plans.

Happy cruising all!

Amy

wow, i just cannot wait till dec for my first solo. our roll call is absolutely beautifully. it seems like we have known each other for years. we are planning excursions and on board parties together. we even planned a pre cruise party at the hard rock miami the night before. a bunch of us are even staying in the same hotel. this is gonna rock !!!!

:cool:

Hello y'all. I'm 37 & love to cruise solo. Have no children & I am not married. Most of my friends are married and/or have children. Two years back I was in a depressive state. Was constantly working. Did not care at the time that life was passing me by. Should have known that the depression I was experiencing was caused by burnout & made me to feel like I did not care(Btw, I work as a mental health counselor.). One day I looked at the pictures from my 1st cruise & saw how happy I was. Decided then & there to call a travel agent to book a cruise. Could not find anyone to go with me so I went by myself. It was the best decision I made. Felt a renewed energy in life. Had the time of my life. Enjoyed doing what I wanted to do when I wanted to do it. Met other solo cruisers who were cruising for the same reason I was. Was able to reflect on what was making me depressed & how to fix it. Everyone commented on how I was not depressed & had renewed energy. Since 2010, I have gone on one solo cruise a year. Life is no longer passing me by. I'm living it! :D

For anyone considering solo cruising, do it.

Blueangel74 aka Monicia(pronounced Monica.)

Hi everyone,

sounds the same as my story haha. Thank you so much for serving your country. You deserve to see the world while you relax and have fun. Enjoy you cruises.

It was driving me nuts waiting til October to go on my cruise and an awesome deal dropped in my lap to go to Alaska last week!! So, I'm off to Alaska solo on the 13th. I am mostly packed (since the next couple weeks will be crazy) and ready to go :D

It was driving me nuts waiting til October to go on my cruise and an awesome deal dropped in my lap to go to Alaska last week!! So, I'm off to Alaska solo on the 13th. I am mostly packed (since the next couple weeks will be crazy) and ready to go :D

have an awesome time !!! i still need to wait till december :mad:.....:D

Hi all, I'm 59 and divorced since 2004. Last year I decided to book a 5 night night solo cruise for Mar. 3-8 of this year. I hadn't taken a real vacation since my divorce. Much like, blueangel74 aka Monicia has stated, I had that feeling of watching life go by. I had been on 2 cruises back in the 90's but none since. Over the years I've taken plenty of landlocked vacations. As it turned out, I had a great time on the cruise and met a lot of friendly people. I may have gotten spoiled by booking a stateroom with a balcony. I'm hooked. I had forgotten just how enjoyable it is to be able to travel and not have to pack and unpack all the time.

I enjoyed the cruise so much that I have booked a 7 nighter 12/1/12 on the Navigator out of New Orleans. On 11/1/13, I have a 14 night repositioning cruise out of Boston ending in Tampa. Both with balconies.

I've never been to New Orleans, so I will arriving there 2 days prior to the cruise for a little jazz and some cajun cuisine. Frenchmen St. area sounds good to me. I'm planning on arriving two days early for the 11/1/13 Boston cruise also but that a long ways off.

Its good to once again be a participant in life instead of a spectator.

Mike

I'm 37, single, no kids :) I started traveling solo a few years ago when I went to Europe by myself. I just got tired of not going anywhere because none of my friends were able to go due to their own work or financial situations. I really enjoy solo travel...so much so that I have turned down offers from others to do group trips because I'd rather travel alone!

This is my first solo cruise (coming up in December), and I'm looking forward to it. I like to say that traveling solo is an introverts paradise. :) I like that I can do as much or as little as I want...sit out on my balcony and keep to myself, relax on the Serenity Deck, or head to the bar for a drink and make new friends.

Hi all, I'm 59 and divorced since 2004. Last year I decided to book a 5 night night solo cruise for Mar. 3-8 of this year. I hadn't taken a real vacation since my divorce. Much like, blueangel74 aka Monicia has stated, I had that feeling of watching life go by. I had been on 2 cruises back in the 90's but none since. Over the years I've taken plenty of landlocked vacations. As it turned out, I had a great time on the cruise and met a lot of friendly people. I may have gotten spoiled by booking a stateroom with a balcony. I'm hooked. I had forgotten just how enjoyable it is to be able to travel and not have to pack and unpack all the time.

I enjoyed the cruise so much that I have booked a 7 nighter 12/1/12 on the Navigator out of New Orleans. On 11/1/13, I have a 14 night repositioning cruise out of Boston ending in Tampa. Both with balconies.

I've never been to New Orleans, so I will arriving there 2 days prior to the cruise for a little jazz and some cajun cuisine. Frenchmen St. area sounds good to me. I'm planning on arriving two days early for the 11/1/13 Boston cruise also but that a long ways off.

Its good to once again be a participant in life instead of a spectator.

Mike

Yes it is so awesome to be a participant in life. :D I hope you enjoy my adopted home town of New Orleans(It's been 6 1/2 years since I lived there. Still miss her dearly but her spirit is always with me.).

One of my personal mottos for life is les bon temps roule(Let the good times roll!). Hope the good times roll for everyone.

Hi Karen,

Another Karen here. I recently booked my first solo cruise. It should be interesting. I have a travel companion but she's on a strict budget and can't afford to cruise any longer. I discovered during a Hawaii and an Alaskan cruise that the "destination" cruises are very easy to meet people. Even though I wasn't by myself, if I was alone, I was always asked to join others. So this next one will be very interesting.

I'm single, turn 50 on my next cruise (what a way to spend your birthday! Done it many times). My first cruise was RCL, the next Norweign(however you spell it), the third was HAL and so were the next 10 or so! Squeezed two Princess ones in recently but I"m back to HAL.

Hi I'm Christine, and I'm single, 41 years old. I went on my first solo cruise back in March and loved it. Can't wait till I get to do it again. I'm finding myself going solo mainly because I don't really have that many friends that want to go on cruises. Now after going on my first solo one, it's going to be hard to share a cabin again!

Hi I'm Christine, and I'm single, 41 years old. I went on my first solo cruise back in March and loved it. Can't wait till I get to do it again. I'm finding myself going solo mainly because I don't really have that many friends that want to go on cruises. Now after going on my first solo one, it's going to be hard to share a cabin again!

Hi Christine, I can relate to everything you're saying. I was hesitant about going on my first solo cruise which was also back in March, and had a great time. Most of my friends aren't interested in cruising. Funny thing is, I have two cruises booked and now I really don't have much interest in having a travel companion. Who'da thunk that, its crazy I know.

Christine, congrats on your first solo cruise.

JerseyGirlJen, I'm in the same position as you(37 years old, no kids, & no one to go with.). Enjoy your first solo cruise. You will not regret it.

My cruise this year will be my first cruise with other people since my first cruise in 2005. It will be weird sharing a room w/three other people(My sister, nephew, & his gf). My last two cruises have been solo cruises. Already started looking at going on one, possibly two solo cruises for 2013. Love solo cruising because you get to do what you want when you want & not have to worry about anyone but yourself.

Hello Solo's :)

I am Amy, 32 and recently divorced. I have always wanted to see Europe and this solo cruise is my start. I'm headed to Greece and am SO excited! I hope to meet groups on here or the boat to make my time a bit more social, but if not, relaxation, reflection and renewal are on the plans.

Happy cruising all!

Amy

Good luck, Amy! I just got back from my first post-divorce vacation - a 9-night solo cruise on RCL to Bermuda and the Eastern Caribbean. In hindsight, I should have picked a shorter cruise or gone at a different time, because fellow solo cruisers were almost non-existent, as were younger people (I'm 30). I would say the average age on this trip was 55. I did meet some friendly people and if you're just looking to relax and see some new places a solo cruise is definitely a good way to go. I like to get involved in the activities, which was hard to do on my particular cruise because of the fellow passengers, but like I said, I picked the wrong itinerary. I would definitely do it again; I'd just try to make sure I'm on a more social ship next time. Have fun!