Radiance Review

qtrmid

We just got back on Sunday from a western caribbean cruise on the Radiance.

WOW! Absolutely beautiful ship!

Embarkation: One of the fastest ever. We couldn't have asked for any better.

We had late seating and requested a large table because we enjoy meeting new people. This was the first cruise where I was disappointed with my tablemates. Half the table was one family who were swedish and never spoke one word not even hello to anybody they spoke only to each other in Swedish (they spoke English to the waiters, so I know that wasn't the issue). I would have switched tables except that would have left one other couple by themselves.

First day was at sea: Wonderful day! I had booked my spa treatment for this day which was wonderful....overpriced....but wonderful!

labadee: I never got off the ship today, but my friend did and said that she loved it.

Ocho Rios: Ladies, be very careful here! I would never walk alone!

Grand Cayman: Always my Favorite! This was the first time to Stingray City for me and what a blast it was! If I would have known what fun it was I would have done it sooner. I couldn't believe how many stingrays and how soft they felt.

Cozumel: We planned on going to Paradise Beach, but unfortunately my friend couldn't get off the ship due to illness, so I went shopping instead.

Highlights of the cruise:

Mystery Dinner at Portofinos.....hilarious!

The crew was great! Our waiter Alvin was fabulous!

Just a few disappointments

Windjammer was cold....which I know is typical

Food in dining room needs improvement

I didn't like that there was an addl. tip space on receipts, I think 15% is plenty so I left it blank, but it made me feel weird

I just discovered a cool idea to end the cruise with: book an excursion at the last spot (where you get off the ship) ours was Miami. We booked the everglades tour. It is practically no different than cab fare and you get off the ship first. Plus you get the bonus of doing something fun as well instead of just sitting in an airport!

Worst part of the Cruise: Having to get off:(

If anyone has any questions I would be happy to answer them :)

Hi qtrmid - thanks for the review! Can you share how was the service on the Radiance? Also, if you've been on the other class ships, can you compare the service of the Radiance against the others? We were on the Radiance last year and definitely felt everyone - from the dining staff to the cruise director's team to the bartenders - went above and beyond their call of duty to make sure passengers were having a great time.

Service was excellent especially in the dining room. The assistant waiter was even great. They were all friendly and helpful. One day I was by the pool and they came by to take my drink order....I ordered a BBC and then discovered that I misplaced my cruise card. He asked me if I would like an ice tea or lemonade instead and then actually went and brought me back a lemonade. I thought that was awfully nice of him considering there is no automatic tip on that. (I did end up giving him an additional tip for that when I found my card and ordered my BBC when he returned):)

I have only been on the vision class before and IMHO I would definitely say that the service was better on the Radiance!

Thanks for the review. It's nice to hear that the ship is beautiful. I will be sailing on her in a few weeks and can't wait!!

What category stateroom did you have? Were you satisfied with it? Does the ship appear (cabins and in general) to be in good condition as far as wear and tear.

Thanks for your comments! ;-))

MTS

• 10 months later...

Archived