What do you wear to Chef's Table?

jilllofalltrades

After reading threads on this subject I told DW to pack closed toe shoes. When we were called for the interview we were told that it was ok for the women to wear sandals. I guess if varies from ship to ship.

Just off the Golden and was one of the lucky ones to secure a seat at the Chef's Table. In the pre dinner meeting where rules and regulations are discussed, our maitre d' said that high heels may be uncomfortable as there are 'grates' for draining in the kitchen and high heels could get caught in them but he also stated that we could wear whatever we wanted and just be aware. Open/closed-toe was not an issue as I had no other options.:p You really don't walk around enough in the kitchen/galley to warrant warnings about your foot gear!

Be sure to wear close-toed shoes. One of the ladies who was invited to Chef's Table on the Island Princess last year showed up in strappy sandals :rolleyes: The rest of us had to wait for her to return to her stateroom to retrieve shoes that were appropriate in the ship's kitchen. The passenger was not a happy camper because her athletic shoes didn't go with her outfit, but Maitre d' Jose Florencio was serious about everyone's safety.

Bon Appetit!

Chris

That is so RUDE!!!! I wore sneakers to Chef's table with my "smart casual" outfit. No one cares, your feet are under the table. Everyone followed the rules when I did Chef's Table. There were several gals in their sneakers :) If you're that vain, bring your strappy shoes with you to change into after you tour the galley.

Thank you for alll the responses. I will pack a pair of flats that are closed toe. I have a pair of black palazzo pants and some cute tops so I should be ok.

Way to go! Perfect! I am packing silver glittery ballet flats for my upcoming cruise, in hopes of getting picked for Chef's Table :D Enjoy!!!!

This will be my first cruise on Princess. May I ask how to get a spot at the Chef's Table?

o Call the DINE line from your cabin.

o Go to where they are taking reservations for the specialty restaurants on embarkation day.

o Speak to the Matre d' or headwaiter at your first evening's dinner.

Best to try all three.

Archived